Office 2013 - Very know OneNote Cursor Problem and UI Glitches

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Ravero, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Ravero

Ravero Bit poster

Hello fellows, how are you?
    I'm brand new to this forum, and also I'm relatively new to Parallels Desktop, I've purchased it almost a year from now, and I consider it a far better product than VMWare, that was working pretty fine when I was using Windows 7 + Office 2010. My problems started when I've upgraded to Windows 8 + Office 2013. Windows itself runs fine, but I found Office 2013 to run very awkward! Specially OneNote 2013. I'm having a problem with the mouse cursor, that disappears ever since you start typing a note on the coherence mode. Trying to solve the problem got me to this forums. I have found several threads talking about the problem:

I wonder, with so many users complaining about the problem, and NO official statement from Parallels, with threads that date back to Aug 2012, when the company will announce an update or workaround for this problem, that serious impact one of the main Windows Suite of Applications, that Mac users may be intereseted in virtualizing.
    Best regards!
    Rafael Veronezi

2. Howard K

Howard K Bit poster

+1

I am also experiencing the same OneNote issue with PD8, Win7, Office 2013 (especially OneNote).

3. cornellian

cornellian Bit poster

+1

I'm also having the same issue with OneNote 2013. It is to the point where OneNote (one of my favorite Office programs) is becoming dreadful to use.

I hope Parallels fixes the issue soon!

4. CaseyMcCord

CaseyMcCord Bit poster