how Import windows xp from Parallels Desktop 5 in leopard to Parallels Desktop 8 lion

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by que, Jul 8, 2013.

1. que

que Junior Member

hi,

i am having problem with Parallels Desktop 8 in lion

i want to Import windows xp from Parallels Desktop 5 in leopard to Parallels Desktop 8 in lion

i copy & past windows xp it didn't work ?! ( i did think import / export is simple in Parallels Desktop )

then i try the manual p34 Import from an Earlier Parallels Desktop or Other Virtualization Application

Parallels Desktop 5 reinstall Parallels Tools nothing happens after windows restart there is no onscreen instructions ?!

please help me to fix this problem

thanks in advance

my best regards

-------------------------------------------------------------

Import from an Earlier Parallels Desktop or Other Virtualization Application

With Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac you can use Windows that you set up using earlier versions of Parallels Desktop, as well as VMware Fusion, Microsoft Virtual PC, and Virtualbox:
    1 Open Parallels Desktop (in the Applications folder) and choose File > Open.
    2 Select the Windows data file you want to import, then click Open.
    • ParallelsDesktopdatafilesendwith.pvm.
    • VMwarefilesendwith.vmx.
    • VirtualPCfilesendwith.vmc.
    • VirtualBoxfilesendwith.xmlor.vbox.
    You can also simply drag a Parallels .pvm file to the Parallels Virtual Machines list to add it to Parallels Desktop.
    3 Start Windows (p. 36).
    4 Choose Virtual Machine > Install Parallels Tools and follow the onscreen instructions.

2. que

que Junior Member

any help please ?
    any suggestions to resolve this problem ?

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Your problem is that when you try to reinstall Parallels Tools you don't get onscreen instructions? Just uninstall the Tools from control Panel add/Remove programs, restart, and the Install Parallels Tools.

4. que

que Junior Member

removal from windows xp control panel didn't work

Parallels Desktop 5 reinstall Parallels Tools problem appear again in Parallels Desktop 5 in leopard after removal from windows xp control panel & installing

& Parallels Transporter didn't show to export windows xp !!!

another problem didn't find export or transfer option just import is this a problem ?

i need a detailed long how to

export or transfer windows xp from Parallels Desktop 5 in leopard ( which i have problem with currently )

& detailed how to

Import windows xp from Parallels Desktop 5 in leopard to Parallels Desktop 8 lion

because the Parallels Desktop manual did not put a good steps for this

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.

6. que

que Junior Member

i am sorry for my post

the removal of Parallels Tools from windows xp control panel didn't work

7. que

que Junior Member

the problem solved with this work around

downloading this file ( for real windows pc ) to windows xp in Parallels Desktop 5 worked for me

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v8/update1.hotfix5/ParallelsTransporterAgent-18494.886912.exe

& transfer to usb external storage ( take 5 hours ) then to transfer to macbook pro lion Parallels Desktop 8

i got the windows activation key problem in parallels 8 it had to be activated in 3 days ! ( not 30 days ) i did by internet

---------------------------------

i have Parallels Desktop 3 didn't work with some high spec. macbook 13 white then try it in low spec. macbook white 13 & it work , i post the problem here with no help

then i have to buy another parallels Desktop v5 to the high spec. macbook white & it worked but when i try to transfer i had this problem with miner problems in parallels

and god knows what i will have to deal with in parallels Desktop v8

i am 4 years user , i am an owner of 3 ver. ( 3 , 5 , 8 )

it is frustrating to me to get this problems with high priced app

not a good app & no good manual no good help her from parallels team it is shameful

i get more from free Virtual app then this high price app

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  8. que

que Junior Member

the problem solved with this work around

downloading this file ( for real windos pc ) to windows xp in Parallels Desktop 5 worked for me

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v8/update1.hotfix5/ParallelsTransporterAgent-18494.886912.exe

& transfer to usb external storage ( take 5 hours ) then to transfer to macbook pro lion Parallels Desktop 8

i got the windows activation key problem in parallels 8 it had to be activated in 3 days ! ( not 30 days ) i did by internet

---------------------------------

i have Parallels Desktop 3 didn't work with some high spec. macbook 13 white then try it in low spec. macbook white 13 & it work , i post the problem here with no help

then i have to buy another parallels Desktop v5 to the high spec. macbook white & it worked but when i try to transfer i had this problem with miner problems in parallels

and god knows what i will have to deal with in parallels Desktop v8

i am 4 years user , i am an owner of 3 ver. ( 3 , 5 , 8 )

it is frustrating to me to get this problems with high priced app

not a good app & no good manual no good help her from parallels team it is shameful

i get more from free Virtual app then this high price app