Parallels Mobile Server Service/Deamon autorun

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by giraffezw, May 14, 2013.

1. giraffezw

giraffezw Bit poster

Hi,

I am unable to login into Mobile Server until I start the Parallels Desktop application. Before the update (7 -> 8) I was able to login without previous start the Desktop application.

Is there a service or deamon that should start on login into Mountain Lion?

thanks

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. giraffezw

giraffezw Bit poster

any advice?

3. giraffezw

giraffezw Bit poster

For now, I have to add the "Parallels Desktop App" to my startup items. But the earlier solution was much prettier, it was possible to start a client (win7) direct from ipad without to start the desktop application manual.

So thats why I thought there is a deamon or service in background... !?
    Without the desktop application in my startup items, it is not possible to connect to (Home) desktop.

Was that a Version 7 only feature? Do I have to load the LaunchDeamon/LaunchAgent manually?

no one other that miss that feature?

4. RicSimonis

RicSimonis Bit poster

Unfortunately I can't provide any help with this as I too have had this issue. However, the reason may now be a little clearer. Just received an email today from the folks at Parallels announcing their new "Parallels Access" software. I'm assuming that because this new software/subscription model ($79 annually) uses an "Agent" application on the target machine there was a conflict with the Parallels Desktop "VNC" deamon. No proof of this, just my hunch.

http://www.parallels.com/products/access/