iTunes Issue in Windows XPS2

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by wycliffe, Jun 22, 2007.

1. wycliffe

wycliffe Member

I plan on eventally converting my iTunes collection over to my MBP, but for now I am running it in my Windows VM.

Periodically in iTunes, I get static feedback from songs playing on iTunes - this occurs whether I am using internal speakers or external speakers. Just curious if this is a known issue or if anyone else is having this problem

Thanks in advance.

2. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

Sorry but your better off tranfering you itunes music. Your making your computer work harder when OSX can easily run itunes without a problem. I would start working on the transfer than hoping for a fix.

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

There are instructions for moving your iTunes Library to a new computer at the Apple website. However, i found that it was easier to buy a program that would transfer directly from my iPod to the Apple version of iTunes. I used a program called

iPod Access by Findley Designs for about $20 (you can find it through Google). IIRC you can bring over your metadata like play counts, as well as playlists through this method, but read the instructions carefully.

No doubt you will find others through Google as well.

I should also say that I did my iPod transfer before I bought Parallels. It may be possible to follow Apple's instructions and do the transfer using Parallels through the shared folders. I have not tried this, though.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  4. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

its so simple buying software would be a waste of money. If your capable of clicking and draging then I would not purchase software

5. wycliffe

wycliffe Member

I dragged my iTunes library from an external disk and all the music is listed in the file on the MBP - how do I now get these files to show up in iTines player so I can listen to them.

I know this is probably a silly question for longtime Apple users but I am a newbie nob...

6. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

You can drag and drop these files on your iTunes icon. (Try it with one first).
    You may lose your metadata doing it this way. Song metadata should be OK, but # of plays etc could be lost. Also you will have to recreate your playlosts. And don't forget to authorize your computer for any purchased music.