Time sync problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DarkstarTom, Jul 29, 2013.

1. DarkstarTom

DarkstarTom Bit poster

Hi,

I'm using Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac version 8.0.18483. I have Windows 7 installed on my Bootcamp partition and am accessing it as a virtual machine from within OSX Mountain Lion. I am having problems with the Windows clock syncing with Mac. Under Virtual Machine configuration I have "Sync From Mac OSX" selected and everything is fine when I start the VM. Then at some point over the next hour the Windows VM clock goes back by exactly one hour. If I set it to the correct time again it will again go back an hour at some point over the next 60 minutes. I have tried having "Synchronize with an internet time server" both ticked and unticked in Windows clock settings but it doesn't help.

Please can someone help, this is driving me crazy!

Thanks,

Tom

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Make sure you have exactly the same Time Zone set both in Windows and OSX.

3. DarkstarTom

DarkstarTom Bit poster

I am in England. On the Mac I have the time zone set to "British Summer Time" with my city selected as the closest city. On Windows I have it set to "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburugh,Lisbon,London" and have "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time" ticked. If I untick it the clock goes out of sync by two hours rather than one. I can't see anything wrong with my time zone settings. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Thanks for the help.

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

You have two different systems trying to control the same clock (Windows clock), choose which one you want OSX or Windows.

5. DarkstarTom

DarkstarTom Bit poster

I want OSX to control the clock. How do I stop Windows from changing it?

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

By the way, your time zones are incompatible, UTC is not the same as BST, BST is UTC+1. For OS X to take over completely anything that automatically sets the time on the Windows side has to be off.

7. TakhirM

TakhirM Bit poster

I have the same problem, you didn't show how to resolve il