USB device connection issues with 4128..

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TheSystemHasFailed, Jun 20, 2007.

1. TheSystemHasFailed

TheSystemHasFailed Member

I'm having problems with build 4128 and had similar issues with 3188 as well.

To sum up.. if I'm running Parallels and plug a USB device (like my phone) into the computer, Parallels will almost invariably start locking up processes on the computer.

Should I completely disable USB device support (that could be bad since sometimes I want to use USB devices within Parallels)? Is there some alternate setting I can try?

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Do you have USB autoconnect ON? If so turn it off.

If your VM is running, look at the Parallels Menu bar, click Devices/USB/Autoconnect (Make sure you remove the check mark next to autoconnect.

You might also check to see in your VM Settings that in USB, the setting is to Connect to OSX.

I am assuming from your post that you do not want your phone to connect to XP. If I assumed incorrectly, please let me know.

3. TheSystemHasFailed

TheSystemHasFailed Member

Those are all set as you described, Purplish. And I've tinkered around a bit more and found it's basically only when I plug the phone in (a T-Mobile Dash) and MissingSync tries to attach to it and use it.

4. Lago di Cuba

Lago di Cuba Junior Member

How do you turn off Auto Connect in P3? In 2.5 there was a check box in the configuration screen; in 4128 the check box is gone!

5. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

In OSX System Preferences go to Accounts/Login and remove the MissingSync Monitor!
    This will now require that you launch MissingSync prior to connecting the phone!
    Connecting the phone will no longer launch MissingSync.

You will need to restart in order for it to take effect.

ajm