World of Warplanes

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by edwardd20, Jul 25, 2013.

1. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

I have a Win 7 x64 image installed via BootCamp but running with Parallels (at the moment). When I try to run the online game World of Warplanes (http://worldofwarplanes.com) it crashes. I contacted their support was they said Parallels doesn't meet the minimum requirements:
    Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7
    Processor (CPU): 2.66 GHz
    Memory(RAM): 3 GB
    Videocard: GeForce 8600GT or ATI HD 2600 with 256 MB
    Internet connection speed: 128 Kbps

When I run their previous game, World of Tanks, it runs fine (and continues to run fine).

Is there any tweaking I do to get Parallels to support this game? (I'm probably running defaults for Parallels.)

(If I boot into BootCamp, the game plays fine.)

I'm running a fully loaded Mid-2012 15" MacBook Pro Retina and a 27" Thunderbolt Display. Plenty of free SDD space.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

2. Andrew V. Zachinyaev

Andrew V. Zachinyaev Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem with Parallels 8/Windows 8 on the iMac 27" (END2012).
    WoT works fine since the last update of Parallels 8.

3. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

For me, WoT always worked. It's only WoWarplanes that is unplayable.

4. Andrew V. Zachinyaev

C WoW 5.1 the situation is somewhat better - now instead of an error, we have a black screen with the mouse pointer ...

5. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

When was the update? I tried on Friday evening and I still got the crash. (I then booted in BootCamp so I could get the free airplane they were offering this weekend. ;)

6. Andrew V. Zachinyaev

In Russia, the update came out on August 16 from 11.00 to 15.00 MSK.

7. Andrew V. Zachinyaev

With WoW 5.2 and Parallels 9 the situation is somewhat better - now the game starts without problems, but there are big problems with performance in combat and bugs with mouse-control (at least in the "Education"-mode).