Display problems in coherence mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Apuleius, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Apuleius

Apuleius Bit poster

I'm running ML, Parallels 8 (trail version), with Windows XP. Everything seems to be working ok, but there is a portion (upper left area) of the Windows screen that remains overlapping the Mac screen, when I switch to coherence mode. I've rebooted both Parallels and XP but the area remains and only in the coherence mode. It took almost the entire day to install and upgrade XP and I sure don't want to do that again.

You can see the screen remnants of XP overlapping one program and being overlapped by another. Anyone else with the problem? Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 11.57.46 AM.png

2. Apuleius

Apuleius Bit poster

It appears that one can not get support unless you buy the package first. Well, if I'm having problems with the trial version and I can't get Parallels to answer this question then why should I buy their product? I appreciate all that looked at the problem and had no ideas either, but it appears this is a very unique problem and I wonder why someone from Parallels wouldn't take interest? Does anyone know how I can get Parallels to help me without me spending money?

3. bobito

bobito Member

buggy as h*ll

I have the paid version, and Parallels really just works terribly as far as it's basic operation in coherence. The wrong windows are shown on top, the graphics display is frequently wrong and misleading due to window order not being displayed correctly. Maybe it is because I have two screens, but this is one broken piece of software I've been using since I bought it a few months ago. I hope they do something.