Stardock apps not registered under Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GrangerFX, Aug 29, 2013.

1. GrangerFX

GrangerFX Junior Member

I chose the Windows 7 look in Parallels 9. When I restarted with bootcamp, the two Stardock apps are not registered. How can we get a license code to register those apps under Bootcamp? Do we own a license to the apps or not? I don't think we can remove them in Bootcamp without also removing them in Parallels.

2. GrangerFX

GrangerFX Junior Member

Another possibly related problem is that when I boot back into the Mac and the launch Windows 8 via Parallels 9, the Parallels Tools have to install again. This happens every time you switch to Bootcamp and then back to Parallels 9 on the Mac. This is going to cause serious work flow issues for those of us that need to switch back and forth a lot.

3. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hello GrangerFX,

You are right about StarDock apps. They are bound to Parallels Desktop for Mac virtual machines.

People may not just grab them and use on any other PC. BootCamp is just another PC unfortunately.

Thanks,
    Alex

4. GrangerFX

GrangerFX Junior Member

Well given that Parallels compatibility with Bootcamp is a main selling feature of your app, how do you propose we get around this problem? Can't that StarDock license be extended to the copy of Windows 8 it is installed on regardless of whether Parallels is also running? If we uninstall it in BootCamp won't that also uninstall it in Parallels?

Microsoft does not think that BootCamp is another PC. They see it as the same PC as Parallels. It is a single license. Why should StarDock work differently?

Please work with StarDock to solve this problem as soon as possible.

-Mark