Feel ripped off!

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by bobpenn, Aug 29, 2013.

1. bobpenn

bobpenn Junior Member

I bought the one year license two days ago. Today, Parallels announces that if you purchase Parallels 9 you get 6 months of Access for free. I intend to buy version 9 so I purchased a one year for no reason. Had they made the announcements at the same time current, loyal Parallel users, ie.: the ones who are upgrading from 8 to 9, wouldn't have been kept in the dark about this 6 month offer.

I have asked Apple for a refund, but it's not usually their policy to do so, and the Parallel's web site says essentially that it's not their problem, to contact Apple.

I like the product, but really, this was very misleading and totally unfair.

Bob

2. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting and we will make this right for you. We 100% stand behind both our products, which yes, did happen to go live a few days apart. I will send you a PM with my email.

Chris

3. bobpenn

bobpenn Junior Member

Actually, Apple agreed to refund my purchase, so it's a happy ending after all. Bought Parallels 9 so I assume all is well.

BTW: Access is a great product. Makes the iPad a full blown laptop with my bluetooth keyboard attached. Congrats.

4. lotw

lotw Product Expert

Actually you need an iPhone version of Access if you are 100% committed to Parallels Desktop, since you killed the Parallels Mobile app that was free and did everything access did, just differently.

5. bobpenn

bobpenn Junior Member

BTW: when Apple refunded my purchase I could no longer login to my Mac via Access. I reinstalled Access on the iPad, and I reinstalled it on the Mac. It saw the remote Mac but would not connect to it. Finally, I ran the Mac control panel for Access, turned it off, turned it on again, and all was OK again.