How to STOP Compressor?

Discussion in 'Parallels Compressor' started by enthios, Apr 22, 2007.

1. enthios

enthios Member

Each time I start a Windows session, or restore from sleep, the Compressor pops up and says it is in the middle of Compressing and "this may take some time." It also performs reboots of Windows when I am in the middle of working. How do I TURN THIS THING OFF??

(I have waited for it to complete a compression cycle, but after finishing, it just starts up again the next time I do a Windows boot)

2. timhenrion

timhenrion Bit poster

Me, too

I'm having the exact same problem. Had it with 2.5 and also with 3.0. Once you run Compressor once, it wants to run *every time I boot*. I've looked everywhere from the Startup group to disabling AutoRun. Nothing works...

Please Parallels, this can't be that hard of a problem to work around. Help us out and let us know how Compressor starts so that we can stop it! :)

Tim Henrion

3. Helen@Parallels

Helen@Parallels Parallels Developers

Please, check in your vitual machine Configuration CD/DVD-ROM Options. If 'Path to Image File' is set to /Library/Parallels/Tools/ParallelsCompressor.iso you should clear 'Connect at Statup' option or detach this .iso from VM configuration.

When you start Parallels Compressor, the ISO file with Compressor is connected to the virtual CD/DVD-ROM and displays the dialog box with a time indicator. The time indicator shows the time remaining until Parallels Compressor will run in automatic mode (timeout is about 10 seconds). To Run Compressor in manual mode, press the ESC key or click the Manual Mode button on the dialog box before the timeout expires otherwise all actions will be executed automatically including restart of VM by perforce.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Helen.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007