Cisco VPN connection

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MonsterRayn, Aug 11, 2013.

1. MonsterRayn

MonsterRayn Bit poster

Just wondering....I'll be using Cisco VPN to connect to my company's corporate network from my Mac. I'll be using Windows via Parallels 8. Should I need two separate Cisco VPN connections? Or can they somehow share the connection? How would I go about setting that up, if so?

2. bobm

bobm Junior Member

I use Cisco AnyConnect from my Mac and use NAT on the VM with no issues. If I want to have my Mac side not on the encrypted network (then I use AnyConnect from the VM and the VM can see the corp network while my Mac can see the home network just fine.

Note that when using the Mac VPN multiple VMs can see the corp network.

Hope that helps

3. Cpeg Kenny

Cpeg Kenny Bit poster

Hi bobm,

My name is Kenny and now having the similar question like MonsterRayn have before. My sister wanna to connect from her MacBook to her company's corporate network via Cisco VPN for using a certain Windows application.

My first idea is to install a Parallel Desktop on her MacBook and run a Windows 7, and based on what you said "use Cisco AnyConnect from my Mac and use NAT on the VM" , would you please further elaborate the sequence on doing this ? Or specifically how to configure NAT on the VM ?

Thank you so much.

Kenny

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, there is no need in special configuration. Just connect to VPN on Mac and VM should see it if it uses SharedNetworking (default). All should work just out of the box.

5. knsqnt

knsqnt Bit poster

Hi Elric,

that would be the perfect solution, but it doesn't work on my machine. Are there any other settings than Shared Network (that's on)?

The virtual machine also says it's connected, but the browser is not able to connect to any site.

Best, Mario

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  6. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi knsqnt,

Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to troubleshoot Network issue in your Virtual Machine:

http://kb.parallels.com/8978

Thanks,
    Looran