Parallels 9 - Windows XP "An error occurred while accessing the Hard Disk 1"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by chrispratt247, Aug 29, 2013.

1. MarcinC

MarcinC Bit poster

Denis V. Lunev is there any update on the solution to this error?
    I've upgraded to P9 yesterday and can't get any work done since on my VM as I'm getting the some error code and VM shuts off every time I try access file on HD

I can't downgrade to 8

2. Can I see the problem report from you on the problematic VM?
    If the problem is the same as discussed here, the fix is included into the upcoming Update1 build.

Unfortunately it is not ready yet as there are some other important problems to fix.
    Anyway, I have instructed the support to contact you and provide internal build with the probable bugfix.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

3. MarcinC

MarcinC Bit poster

Hi Denis,

Thank you for quick reply.

The Ticket has been assigned the ID [Parallels #1731019] I've attached all reports and screenshots there.

4. MarcinC

MarcinC Bit poster

Denis, I did not hear from the support team and I'm still not able to use Parallels 9 ...
    Can this be fixed? or can you let me download version 8 and issue refund for the upgrade

5. tattsenglee@gmail.com

tattsenglee@gmail.com Junior Member

Has the problem / bug been fixed and new version of Parallels 9 released yet?
    This problem was reported 29 of August. More than a month has passed and still no news...
    Can someone in Parallels please answer.

6. tattsenglee@gmail.com

No response from Parallels.... as usual...

Still no response?
    Mac OS X Maverick is already out but Parallels 9 bug still not fixed.... sad...

7. tattsenglee@gmail.com

Hello? Anyone alive in Parallels? Maverick is already out, but this bug still not fixed? I purchased Parallels 9 but have to use Parallels 8 instead cos of this bug which Parallels don't seem to be doing anything about it... I want my money back. Perhaps it is time to try other VM products out there after all...