3.0 German version download for preordered upgrades?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bmeissner, Jun 24, 2007.

1. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

Hi all,

I preordered (and prepaid) the 3.0 upgrade for our 4 licenses using the "earlybird" offer on 06/03/2007. I immediately received the activation keys... but I did NOT receive any information on how (where) to download the German version 3 of Parallels.

Does anybody know how to proceed, and where to get the download?

TIA,
    Bernd

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello Bernd
    Check you PM please

3. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

Hello Ankou,

did that... 0 (zero) messages in my inbox.

?

Bernd

4. Ankou

Ankou Guest

That is strange, try one more time.

5. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

OK, got it now. You got one, too ;-)

Bernd

6. X-buZZ

X-buZZ Bit poster

Hello there,

a question of interesst: i am using Parallels since the first days. I have purchased the upgrade to v3. May i also use a german version of Parallels with my license?

Best regards
    X-buZZ

7. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

If you didn't buy a German version, I think your codes won't work. There is a difference between US version codes and international (localized) codes... which seems to cause a whole lot of troubles currently.

Bernd

8. sile007

sile007 Bit poster

@Ankou

I had buy the 1940 german version. Now i orderd the update over parallels. where can i get the german version to download? can i use this key with the german version?

best regards sile

9. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello sile007
    German version of PD will be available very soon.
    You should use both of keys (1940 key and your update key for German version).

10. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

Neverending confusion here... or is it just me?

1. A German version of PD is already sold (vaporware?) by Avanquest in Germany:

http://shop.avanquest.com/de/prod.php?pid=2220

2. They do already sell an upgrade, too:

http://shop.avanquest.com/de/prod.php?pid=2949

3. If one (like me) orders directly through the Parallels website, he/she will definitely will get a key for the US version only, correct? So if sile007 ordered here, he won't be able to use the upgrade key, because the US upgrade requires an installed US version 2.x. Sile007 has a German version 2.x, and a German upgrade (if available) will need a German key, issued by Avanquest. Also correct?

Bernd

11. sile007

sile007 Bit poster

@Ankou

Does the update key i orderd over parallels.com work with the german version i had install?

12. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Yes bmeissner, you are right. sile007 should buy an update key for German version of PD.
    We know about Avanquest, but there is no direct link for German version of PD 3.0 yet.

13. Edadler

Edadler Bit poster

german upgrade is up!

Hi all germans out there!

As you, I was suffering to get info on the upgrade of the german version of PD 3, until on sunday, I found the upgrade option in application systems Heidelberg. It seems that they work "parallel" with avanquest. I ordered it, got my activation Key yesterday and now I´m enjoying my VMs again.:)

The answer to the question, wether the US upgrade Key works on the german version is definitely and absolutely NO. I remember when upgrading to 3188, in the Parallels main site, they clearly stated that the upgrade wont work on a localized version. So, I keep that in mind and waited a little for the german version.;)

just one last thing> My external drive Iomega is not working correctly................:(

14. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

Nothing to wait for... once the confusion is gone. Just FYI:

1. I've been informed that the pre-order upgrades have not been intended for non-US versions. I didn't know that, too, but anyway, that's how it is.

2. All other Germans, who (pre-)ordered the upgrade directly via Parallels: You should write a mail to order-support@parallels.com and make your case clear... the US upgrade is not what you want. You'll get your money back (I just got my pre-order refunded).

3. After my refund has been confirmed, I went over to the Avanquest website and ordered my upgrades there. I have already downloaded and installed it (on one of four Macs). Upgrading using the Avanquest keys works as expected, my German Parallels 3 is also up and running.

Bernd

15. Edadler

Edadler Bit poster

you should visit ab und zu the main paralles site...not only the forums..

16. sile007

sile007 Bit poster

@ Bmeissner & Ankou

Thank you for Help:)

17. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

Funny guy... what do you think where I originally pre-ordered my 3.0 upgrade during the special offer period? And if you count the number of users who did the same (I know some in Germany) it has *NOT* been clear that this upgrade won't work with the German version...

Bernd

18. mag

mag Junior Member

I wrote to Avanquest Support on this issue and they asked for some kind of original bill. I have sent them the element5 bill for version 3 upgrade and still waiting for an answer (hopefully a positive one...)

19. bmeissner

bmeissner Member

This won't lead to anything. I did exactly the same and wrote them including my original Element5 invoice, and the response was:

----
    Paralells Versionen in engl. und deutsch sind nicht kompatibel. Die Keys
    gelten auch nicht. Bitte deinstallieren sie die engl. Version.
    Das deutsche Update erhalten sie auf www.avanquest.de
    ---

So all you can do is: ask for a refund for your pre-ordered US version and get the regular German upgrade via Avanquest.

Bernd