Parallels 9 coherence mode is unusable in multiple monitor setup

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BalasubramanianR, Sep 26, 2013.

1. BalasubramanianR

BalasubramanianR Junior Member

When i try to use windows 8.1 in coherence mode only half of the windows application window is displayed and other half is shown as grey shade.

This is one of the very very annoying issue which makes parallels unusable...
    Ticket number : 1722712

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello, BalasubramanianR!
    1) Can you please provide me with fresh Problem Report? Your previous Problem Report isn't fully correct.
    2) Do you have problem on all displays or only on secondary?
    3) Your Mac Book is Retina or no?
    4) In Windows go to "ControlPanel->Appearance and Personalization->Display->Make text and other items larger or smaller". Please make screenshot and past it here.

Thanks!

3. BalasubramanianR

Parallels 9 coherence mode is unusable in multiple monitor setup

1) Can you please provide me with fresh Problem Report? Your previous Problem Report isn't fully correct.

2) Do you have problem on all displays or only on secondary?

Main display is okey and two secondary displays have the problem
    3) Your Mac Book is Retina or no?

It is not retina
    4) In Windows go to "ControlPanel->Appearance and Personalization->Display->Make text and other items larger or smaller". Please make screenshot and past it here.
    I have already mailed you guys the screenshots twice.

Thanks!

4. sergk

I no need screenshot of Windows. I need your "Make text and other items larger or smaller" Windows preferences. So screenshot is the quickest way to do this.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  5. BalasubramanianR

It is smaller 100%. Hope that helps.

6. sergk

Try to set OFF option 'Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays' and reboot Windows. Does it help?

7. BalasubramanianR

Restarting the machine solved the grey shade issue. But in the third monitor as mentioned in the ticket 1722712 is not yet solved. Still it has the problem. Even though i changed the setting 'Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays' and reboot Windows

8. BalasubramanianR

Sometimes parallels exit from coherence mode and displays two window for virtual machines. one window with plain grey background and other window with actual guest os and the guest os is unresponsive. I have to turn off and restart the machine to use it again.

This problem was in parallels 8 also and because of that i was not using coherence mode at all for a year. Even with this upgrade coherence mode is not stable. has to fall back to window mode and i can use only one monitor. In window mode everything works like a breeze but would like to take advantage of multiple monitors by using coherence mode.