How do I transfer my access registration to a different computer?

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by Eroxx, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Eroxx

Eroxx Bit poster

I did not realize that a subscription limited you to one computer. I was excited to try it out and so I installed on my macbook air. I then installed on my iMac after I got home from work, only to discover that on my iMac it is a trial subscription ... I have emailed support but they keep thinking I am talking about Parallels 9, despite me making it clear three times. Please help, thank you!

-Eric

2. simondjarvis

simondjarvis Bit poster

Eroxx I did a similar thing. Parallels support have told me there is no way of transferring the subscription.

"Hello Simon,

Thank you for contacting Parallels Customer Support.

Unfortunately, the subscription of Parallels Access is not transferable to a different computer as of the moment. Please check the link below for more information:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/116724

Another option is to use the 14 days free trial."

3. Rob C.

Rob C. Bit poster

This is just ridiculous that they released Parallels Access without a way to transfer a subscription. So Parallels never expects you replace a macbook or iMac? Just plain dumb. They better fix this soon.

4. KaneDebano

KaneDebano Bit poster

But this is absurd. We constantly move from one computer to another. No Parallels Access for me until this is resolved, I'll stick with Logmein Ignition.

5. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi All -

This is an update that will be coming in the near future. I don't have a release date but we know this is an important feature.

Chris

6. simondjarvis

simondjarvis Bit poster

Chris, that is excellent news.
    Simon

7. Merlinthemog

Merlinthemog Bit poster

Is there any timescale on when this is likely to happen?
    I applied my 6 month subscription to my laptop instead of my iMac just to try it out without realising that it only supported one machine and there was no way to transfer it (this wasn't mentioned during the install process). It's really of no use to me on my laptop - I wanted it for the desktop machine, so now I'm stuck with a useless bit of software with no way around the problem.
    How near is the 'near future'?
    I could understand it if the subscription fee was cheap (at least that way I wouldn't mind paying multiple times), but at the price that's being charged it really is completely ridiculous.
    A real shame too because it does actually look like a very good bit of software but at the moment my impression of Parallels is really not good at all.
    Steve

8. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi All -

I do not have the next release date to announce due to the submission process to release an App update with Apple. We will post as soon as we know.

Chris

9. Merlinthemog

Merlinthemog Bit poster

I raised a ticket with support and they transferred my subscription to my other computer. Thanks Parallels!
    (It's still too expensive though)

10. lotw

lotw Product Expert

What does Apple have to do with your Limitations? Its your server that blocks that, not the iOS app, since if you paid for multiple machines it works there.

As I have said before, it is too much money for something that most people who will only use it 1-6 time for the whole year. LogmeIn and the other service allow more friendly connections and to more then just one computer. VNC is free and doesn't mess with your screen resolution or window locations.

PA should include PD as part of the fee, most people would give you $80 a year knowing that they always have the latest PD too.

11. MarkChicago

MarkChicago Bit poster

You are lucky. I have had no response to my ticket. I did a re-install of Mavericks and gave my laptop a new name. The Access app is looking for my "old" laptop and gave me a trial subscription for my "new" laptop. All I want customer service to do is transfer my subscription to my "new" laptop, which is only new in name.

12. MarkChicago

MarkChicago Bit poster

Finally got my subscription "transferred" to my refreshed laptop. It happened very fast once I reached the right customer service person. I guess I had been going through tech support, which is different from customer service.