Blank java applications.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Siker, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Siker

Siker Junior Member

At this time all my Java applications render blank in parallels. They open their windows and so on but the windows are always grey on the inside. Presumably, they're trying to use some Direct X acceleration method that doesn't work.

If anyone else has this problem, here's a temporary solution: start the java application, then go to Window's display settings. Reduce the amount of hardware acceleration and hit Apply. You can then change back to the previous level of acceleration - the action of changing the level is what matters, not what level you have.

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

How are you starting them?

3. jtkohl

jtkohl Bit poster

same problem here

starting a java AWT app, using JRE 1.6 (Java 6)
    Setting acceleration down to "all but basic" gets the screens drawn.
    The icon shortcut is invoking 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -classpath ..\conf\;galleon.jar;log4j-1.2.14.jar;forms.jar;commons.jar;concurrent.jar;hibernate.jar;jdbc2_0-stdext.jar;hme-1.4.jar;hme-host-sample-1.4.jar;pja-2.5.jar;dom4j-1.6.1.jar;browserlauncher.jar org.lnicholls.galleon.gui.Gui'

'java -version' says:

java version "1.6.0_01"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_01-b06)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_01-b06, mixed mode, sharing)

4. Siker

Siker Junior Member

The Java application I start is launched by the exe4j Java launcher. The same symptoms can be observed by just double clicking the 'Java' icon in the Windows Control Panel. This Sun provided application also renders blank with direct x acceleration turned on.

Here's a slight update: I upgraded to version 4128 of Parallels, which did not resolve the problem.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  5. ckuske

ckuske Bit poster

Runtime flag

You can try adding this argument to disable D3D acceleration in Java2D.

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

6. bobbyb

bobbyb Bit poster

Is there a way to set that as a global option?