Mouse Pointer is invisible, no mouse host/guest integration, with Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by azlobo73, May 10, 2013.

1. azlobo73

azlobo73 Bit poster

Host OS is up-to-date OSX 10.8. Parallels Destkop 8, latest update. Guest OS is CentOS 6.4.

The mouse pointer invisible, and is not integrated with the Apple desktop. Is there a known issue? I looked but did not find (perhaps I did not search with the correct terms). Anyone?

Thanks!

2. JEarles

JEarles Hunter

3. projector

projector Bit poster

Similar situation here ... the host is OSX 10.8.3 with Parallels 8 (latest update, 8.0.18483); guest OS is Centos 6.4.

The mouse pointer disappears within the Centos virtual machine whenever Parallels Tools is installed.

Remove Parallels Tools and the mouse pointer becomes visible (but of course with edge stickiness). I have removed and reinstalled Parallels Tools a couple times. Have also completely deleted and rebuilt the Centos 6.4 guest system from scratch three times.

This is because another Centos 6.4 machine created a couple weeks ago does NOT have this behavior. Mouse pointer works fine. The only difference between the two installs I know of is that the new virtual machine has a different non-default disk partition scheme. But that shouldn't affect the mouse ...?

4. Oleg.S.Kobyzev

Oleg.S.Kobyzev Bit poster

No graphics in morden linux under PD9

Having the same problem, just upgraded to PD9 and problem is still here, so the problem, as I can see from log files in incompatible parallels desktop video driver installed with paralell tools or something changed inside new Xorg server.

using
    X.Org X Server 1.13.2
    Release Date: 2013-01-24
    from OpenSUSE distribution

logfile contains
    Code:
     [   109.356] (EE) PRLVIDEO: Could not show Hardware cursor: result - 0x00000000, status - 0xF000001C.

5. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

It looks like Parallels Tools were not updated.
    Please reinstall Parallels Tools as suggested at http://bit.ly/17kWXCB

6. Oleg.S.Kobyzev

I have reinstalled parallel tools several times, however it gives no effect. I can see the same messages in Xorg.log and mouse pointer is invisible.

7. Oleg.S.Kobyzev

I have reinstalled parallel tools several times, however it gives no effect. The mouse pointer is still invisible.

8. Oleg.S.Kobyzev

During digging the forum I've found a solution of my problem
    so there is a bug in prl tools installer, it generates wrong configuration files for OpenSUSE 12.3 however another issue appeared - when mouse is moving around the vm screen the picture become dirty ( http://screencast.com/t/OpDvBFmnqto ) , however this was fixed by disabling vertical sync in VM Configuration->devices->video section

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013