Macbook Air 2102 lockup on screen sleep with 15104

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bucweat@rushpost.com, Jul 20, 2012.

1. bucweat@rushpost.com

bucweat@rushpost.com Member

Throwing this out there in case anyone else is seeing the problem. Already submitted to Parallels (16552061)

Running Parallels 7.15104 on new Macbook Air 2012. Running Windows XP and 7, 32 and 64 bit. When the VM is in full screen mode and the display sleeps, the first time you wake it up, it seems like the computer is locked up (completely unresponsive except you can still move the cursor around...SBOD after a minute or two). If you wait for the display to sleep again (I use the lower left corner to force display sleep) and wake it again, everything is back to normal.

When I originally submitted the bug to Parallels I did not realize that sleeping the display a second time would return things to normal. Hopefully that helps someone out there...

2. JoachimW

JoachimW Junior Member

I have the same problem when I run in native 2880 x 1800 mode, but not in the broken retina mode. Closing the lid again will wake things up.

BTW, do you get the problem when running in Retina mode? And does retina mode work for you or do you get the scaled pixelated 1440 x 900 problem?

3. bucweat@rushpost.com

bucweat@rushpost.com Member

I've got a Macbook Air so no Retina display for me. So I'm guessing it has more to do with the Intel HD4000 graphics chip. I'm assuming that in Retina mode it uses the dedicated graphics hardware, and in native mode it's using the HD4000...

BTW after this happens a few times and I "raise it from the dead" even that stops working as I get the spinning beach ball of death. At that point it requires a hard power down and reboot. I've not heard anything back regarding my ticket as of yet.

4. Juha Mieto

Juha Mieto Bit poster

Same issue for me

I have the same issue. I tried your suggestion of closing the lid and it does break the spinning ball of death. However, it is very annoying to always do so, and I look forward to your posting the suggestions from Parallels.

5. LasseK

LasseK Bit poster

Same problem here. Only happens when using full screen. I've noticed that if you take power cord off and wait for few minutes for the osx to go screen saver for second time then it awakes normally.

6. FBordeleau

FBordeleau Bit poster

I do have the same problem.
    spinning beach ball after display sleeps, regardless the program running on Windows 7 pro
    Close the lid or unconnect power on my MBA 2012 resolve it but it is very annoying.

Looking forward for a permanent fix.

7. WadeG

WadeG Junior Member

Did any of you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same problem after upgrading from P8 to P9 and running Windows 7. Had P8 and Windows 7 running just fine till I upgraded to P9.