What the heck is going on?!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by transco, Jun 14, 2007.

1. parallels support

parallels support Member

Hey Pat_Murr,
    Please believe me when I say that it's troubling for me to hear of your challenges with our software and customer support. I'll do whatever I can to make this right for you. Check your personal messages.....thanks!

2. Pat_Murr

Pat_Murr Bit poster

Thanks David.I appreciate your response.

3. Smoked_Bagel

Smoked_Bagel Bit poster

Need my Key Please.

I purchased Parallels from mac mall along with my Mac Pro

I and then i see that I am eligible for a free upgrade. Filled out all of the necessary paperwork and faxed my receipt and the proper forms and i received an email that states the my information was received and i should be contacted via email with my activation key. This was on June 12

On the day that I sent in my information, i signed up for a temp key 15 day trial. thinking that i would receive my full version key within that time. No luck no response.

So I called about June 15 about when I can expect my key and they said that it takes 24-48 hours. OK I can understand that . It has now been 312 hours later and my 15 day trial runs out tomorrow.

Please help and resolve this problem.

4. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

2 Smoked_Bagel

Check your PM please.

Best regards,
    Mike

5. Smoked_Bagel

Smoked_Bagel Bit poster

Thank You for your prompt response
    All is well.

SB

6. brianmoke

brianmoke Bit poster

Where is my upgrade key

:( I am very disappointed. I had resinstall osx and so I thought I would update in the process. I installed and entered my key. "Not valid with this version" wth. I have read the forums to no help.

Please just give me my key. I sent support an email and it said three today to reply. WTF 3 days I need to use it now. Not Saturday.

So disappointing. Whats even more sad is that a rep from Parallels called me a few months back to ask me how I like the product. Now I cannot even get a freaking key for the money I paid. Bah

7. seebs

seebs Junior Member

I've read a couple dozen of your posts here.

I wouldn't waste time trying to answer your questions either. You offer sweeping, vague, claims that things don't work. You don't give the kinds of bug reports a developer needs to fix a problem, and you're hostile and very emotive.

I would write you off as going to be unhappy no matter what and spend my time talking to people who show some of the usual cues that indicate someone who can be made happy.

8. brianmoke

brianmoke Bit poster

I just want my key

I just want my key :(

9. Dr. Thrillride

Dr. Thrillride Bit poster

Pat: I too purchased phone support, but I do not have a number to call. Although hysteria has not set in– yet, it irks me that a credit card would be charged, a receipt issued, then no number to call. I called their main number and was #27 in line. No thanks, long distance from Canada, not cheap. Can you pm the number? or can a parallels support person pm me the number please. At this point, all I can say is, 'I'm reserving judgment until I at least have a number to call to have my seemingly minor issues resolved' that would be no internet connection in B3214. Also, just upgraded to Vista, maybe another mistake...

10. parallels support

parallels support Member

Dear Dr.,
    I've heard of delays in sending the confirmation of purchase email (w/phone number to call) if for any reason there is a delay in processing the credit card. Regardless, the longest delay I've heard of is 4 hours. If you still haven't received the email by morning, check you junk or spam folders. If still no luck, send me a private message and please include your full name, company name if applicable, date of purchase, and your email address you entered when ordering. Thanks!

11. brianmoke

brianmoke Bit poster

Seriously I am not upset I just dont understand why it takes so long to issue me my key which I paid for. Checking my morning email. Nope.

12. parallels support

parallels support Member

Hey Brian,
    send me a PM with approximated dates of purchases and re-installs and such. We'll get this figured out. Sorry for the hassle!

13. Dr. Thrillride

PM sent. Thanks

14. Dr. Thrillride

sorry, June 27th purchase...

15. parallels support

parallels support Member

Can't upgrade to Windows Vista

Hey Russ,
    I sent the info you provided me to our customer support dept.
    I should hear back from them soon. Meanwhile, regarding your current challenges with the software, you say you can't upgrade to Vista Business. I'm not sure what error you're receiving but make sure that you run the "Prepare Windows Vista Upgrade" from the Actions menu. Also, regarding internet connectivity, the first thing I would make sure of is that the Parallels Tools package is installed. It provides device drivers for the virtual NIC card.

16. Hscarino

Hscarino Bit poster

Please help

how can i get an upgrade key? thanks!