XP BSOD's while transferring data to GPS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jorn, Jun 27, 2007.

1. jorn

jorn Bit poster

My Windows XP session keeps BSOD'ing while transfering data to my Garmin Rino 530 using Garmin's MapSource Application. The transer seems to go fine for several minutes and then crashes about midway through. This behavior is repeatable.

The bluescreen goes by too fast for me to read much, but I was able to see that Windows wanted to blame USB_SERVER (or a similar name) for the issue. Windows' MiniDump does not appear to tell me anything useful.

I was able to accomplish this task prior to the Parallels Desktop v3.x upgrade. The Garmin Mapsource app is up to date, as is the firmware on my GPS.

I'd greatly appreciate any help, as I have a trip soon and my GPS is devoid of data.

I also reported this issue to Parallels via the application, but they have never once responded to any of my support issues. You kind folks here are my only hope.

Thanks!

2. jorn

jorn Bit poster

The BSOD error was

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

3. caxqueiroz

caxqueiroz Bit poster

I have this same error when using my mobile attached to USB. It sucks. I am very pissed off with parallels. I only bought this thing to use one program on windows(lifeblog). First it was directX. solved at version 3. Now this thing started to crash.
    Parallels support doesnt say anything. they dont talk. It is sad. I stopped by here. no new versions or upgrades. bootcamp and that's it. Unfortunately.

4. svarga

svarga Bit poster

same bug here - it drivs me mad!

I have garmin GPSmap 60CSx - and same problem!

5. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

Typically the Garmins must have their own peculiar usb drivers installed in WinXP. Have you done that? If not download them from Garmin.

Phil

6. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

Well ... reset on my prior comment.

Just tried loading my 60Cx from WinXP and Mapsource under Parallels.

Fortunately my 64M card is expendable (I havea 1 GB card for real usage). Half way through the load I had a fatal error and restat (no BSOD). Tried it again with the same result.

So .. Houston, we have a problem!

Phil