Can parallels upgrade to 9.0 have impact on MAC OSX screen resolution or settings?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tivoboy, Oct 18, 2013.

1. tivoboy

tivoboy Junior Member

So, I just did the upgrade from 8.0 (or 8.x) to 9.0 on my retina macbook pro. It located the prior version, probably removed it and then upgraded to 9.0.

I then had to update the Parallels tools application on the VM side, that all seemed to go fine. My Win 7 VM seems to work fine, although the desktop on the VM was all moved around - I didn't really expect that..

But, what is ODD is that on the MAC OSX side, so the normal operating system for this computer it would appear that the screen contrast or colors seem more dull now, smoother, not as much pop, flatter..

Is there ANY way that the parallels update to 9.0, or the VM tools could have an impact on the host OS? I would say no way no how, but this perception isn't coming out of nowhere. I find it odd.

2. lotw

lotw Product Expert

PD shouldnt effect the resolution, but Parallels Access does and when you connect using it messes up your video settings.

3. tivoboy

tivoboy Junior Member

Hmm

hmm, I don't think I installed the PAccess stuff, I clicked "do it later"