PD9 dropping last character on copy & paste (Win8)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Florian_M, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Florian_M

Florian_M Bit poster

in some applications, pd9 drops the last character on copy + paste from mac to the windows environment.
    The Strange thing is that it doesn't happen in win applications like Firefox or Outlook 2013.
    Nevertheless the bug can be reproduzed by adding a new E-Mail Account to Outlook 2013 (IMAP) and pasting the password into the password dialog. It took me half an hour to realize that the pasted string wasn't the complete copied string.
    I realize this issue also in our Business CRM Applications, but these aren't freely available (therefore you cannot reproduce the issue with these apps).

I've deactivated / activated clipboard sharing, reinstalled parallels tools, ...
    This doesn't fix the issue.

Is there anything i can do to fix the issue?

2. mikita

mikita Junior Member

We have the very same problem with pd9 using win7. Happens in our CRM Application. If anyone from Parallels is reading this, PM me and I can cook up a sample app to show the issue.

3. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

It also occurs with Excel 2010 on Windows XP.

4. mwedwards

mwedwards Bit poster

I noticed this same behavior pasting phone numbers copied from Mac into the Cicso IP Softphone.

5. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

I reported the error and was given the standard answer of "reinstall Parallels Tools" which didn't work.

6. Steerpike

Steerpike Bit poster

I am having this problem as well.
    Only started with Parallels 9
    Running a program called Ostendo (Server based ERP), its happening both on a windows 7 and windows 8 install on Parallels 9
    last character when copying from any mac screen is lost when pasting into Ostendo. This WAS NOT a problem with parallels 8 or 7 or 6 or 5.
    paste work fine in other programs I have tried.
    Tried all the usual fixes, reinstall Parallel Tools, tried running the program in different compatibility modes. NO LUCK.
    If anyone can assist me that would be great as its a MAJOR bug for me.
    Thanks

7. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

I've peen informed by Parallels that this is a known problem that will be fixed in the next upgrade.

8. Steerpike

Steerpike Bit poster

Great news. lets hope they fix it quickly!
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

9. bimbim0302

bimbim0302 Bit poster

I also have trouble with this but currently have not found a solution. Too bad

10. jtudor

jtudor Bit poster

Apologize for this being my first post but this issue is hindering a lot of productivity. Any updates on time frame?

11. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

A day, a week, a year? Who knows?

12. arnyswart

arnyswart Bit poster

This happens to myself as well in Parallels 9, it was fine on my previous 5 versions of Parallels. When you do bookkeeping, it is extremely frustrating to loose the last character of every copy and paste.

13. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

There's an update that's available that fixes the problem.

14. Stefan P

Stefan P Member

Hi MartinLiss,

is this a question or a statement? If the latter, which build number are your referring to?

regards

Stefan

15. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

It's a statement and it's build 9.0.23136 which you can get to by doing Parallels Desktop|Check for updates.