How is Windows 8.1 working under Parallels 9 and Mavericks?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SWANDY, Oct 23, 2013.

1. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

The other day I decided to upgrade my Windows 8VM (Parallels 9 and Mountain Lion) to Windows 8.1. After seeing it run sluggish - like a lot of others here - I decided to uninstall Parallels Tools (through Windows Control Panel) and reinstall it to see if that fixed the problem. Low and behold - Windows 8.1 no longer booted. Keep going through a cycle of Can't Start Windows and various screens. Nothing got it to start - even a complete shutdown of Windows and Parallels.
    OK - fortunately had a backup of the VM from before the 8-8.1 update and that "solved" the start up issue. WHEW!
    Updated Mountain Lion to Mavericks and everything still works great. But now I am afraid of trying the Windows 8 to 8.1 update again.
    How successful have people been doing the update and how did the 8.1VM run? Did you have to reinstall Parallels Tools and if so how did you do it?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. HyunsubU

HyunsubU Bit poster

Don't update. Im having exactly same problems with you now and trying to downgrade W8.1 to 8. Parallels tools looks like it doesn't fully support w 8.1 at this moment.