The Parallels Desktop for Mac Tech Guarantee 2013

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Chris@Parallels, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Parallels has announced that our Tech Guarantee is now in place for 2013.
    Full details of the Parallels Tech Guarantee are available at www.parallels.com/techguarantee2013

Customers who purchased a copy of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 15, 2013 are eligible to request an upgrade to a new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac at no charge, subject to certain conditions.
    The conditions covering eligibility for an upgrade include:

Upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop at no additional cost if you purchase Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac between August 15th, 2013 and October 31th 2013.
    Must be a qualifying product as mentioned in #1 below. Not qualifying products are mentioned in #2
    Must be purchased from an authorized retailer. Not authorized retailers are specified in #3

1. The following Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac products qualify for the Tech Guarantee:

• Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Full Version
    • Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Upgrade
    • Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Student License
    • Parallels Desktop 8 Switch to Mac Edition
    • Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac - SD card
    • Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac OEM Version when either purchased together with hardware or other approved software products. Customer must supply proof of purchase of hardware/software when requesting their free of charge upgrade.

2. The following Parallels Desktop for Mac products do not qualify for the Tech Guarantee:

• Trial versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac
    • Licenses sold under the Volume License Program including PIK/PIKA and Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition Licenses
    • Not-for-resale (NFR) versions
    • OEM Versions that are purchased unlawfully without hardware or qualifying software
    • Parallels Desktop for Mac versions purchased before August 15th 2013

3. Not authorized retailers and reseller include but not limited to:

Products purchased on eBay, Amazon Marketplace and sources that are not Parallels authorized resellers. For more information please visit:
    http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/reseller

4. For customers who purchased directly from Parallels at www.parallels.com

Customers who purchased directly from Parallels during the Tech Guarantee period will be automatically notified when a new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac becomes available. An upgrade key will be sent to the email that was used for purchase. Please do not proactively contact customer service and allow up to two weeks of delivery after the release of a new version.

5. For customers who purchased Upgrade Protection

Customers who purchased Upgrade Protection directly from Parallels will be automatically notified when a new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac becomes available. An upgrade key will be sent to the email that used for purchase. Please do not proactively contact customer service and allow up to two weeks of delivery after the release of a new version.

6. For customers who purchased in Retail or with a Reseller

Customers who purchased a box product or download version (ESD) of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac or Parallels Desktop 8 Switch to Mac Edition from an authorized reseller must claim an upgrade directly with Parallels. The claim process will be made available at this page once a new version of Parallels Desktop becomes available. Please keep your invoice as proof of purchase for claiming your upgrade.

Please visit www.parallels.com/techguarantee2013 for updates from the Parallels Team.

Chris

2. SolomonJ

SolomonJ Bit poster

Clarification on Amazon LLC vs Amazon Marketplace?

Chris, the referenced information does not make a distinction between "Amazon Marketplace" and "Amazon, LLC". I purchased from Amazon themselves, not a Marketplace vendor, and just activated Parallels 8 yesterday, the same day 9 was announced. Is Amazon LLC an authorized reseller? Will I be eligible?

3. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi SolomonJ,

Thanks for the question - it is one that I am sure others will have as well.
    Amazon Marketplace (More Purchase Options) is where 3rd parties can re-sell goods/services on the Amazon platform. As you have purchased directly from Amazon (the company) you are good to go! We released the upgrade request form a few short hours ago, so you can go and request you upgrade to Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Chris

4. JacobOlivera

JacobOlivera Bit poster

hi guys wondering if installing parallel on my mac will affect the os's ability to get viruses. also having some difficulty have a black macbook with snow leopard thank you. wont boot followed directions its pretty easy...:(

5. beta_mikecwest

beta_mikecwest Member

You need to run Antivirus in your guest OS. You can get a virus in your virtual machine, however if configured properly, it should not affect your Mac OS directly. I don't think your message belongs in this thread though.

6. ChasMUAE

ChasMUAE Bit poster

Why is the cutoff date August 15? Yes I purchased Parallels 8 in July...

7. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi ChasMUAE,

The Tech Guarantee dates are set each year around the release of the next version of Parallels Desktop. This year there was also the absence of an OS release from Apple in July as has happened in previous years.
    Please DM me and provide me with your purchase details.
    Thanks,
    Chris

8. chrisgrh

chrisgrh Bit poster

OEM qualifying software list.

I would like to know how to find a list of qualifying hardware and software for OEM purchases.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  9. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi chrisgrh,

If you have a specific question on a res-seller, please feel free to send me a PM. Parallels literally has hundreds of re-sellers worldwide.

Chris

10. chrisgrh

chrisgrh Bit poster

I've sent two private messages, yet my sent message box is empty so I can't be sure it was sent or received. Can't I just ask you here on the forum?

11. Omegat3

Omegat3 Bit poster

I have tried submitting twice for the techguarantee upgrade and have not yet received a response or upgrade key. I first submitted on the 10th of October, and then again a few days ago. Is there a means to see the status of my request?

The original purchase of 8 was through NewEgg.com.

Thanks,
    -Matthew

12. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi Matthew,

I show that your request was approved and the upgrade key was sent. Please check your junk/SPAM folder. I will also re-trigger the email today.

Chris

13. Omegat3

Omegat3 Bit poster

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick follow-up; the re-trigger did the trick. I appreciate your help!

Regards,
    -M

14. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Happy To Help Matthew

15. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Reminder..The Parallels Tech Guarantee Ends on October 31, 2013

Hi All,

Just a reminder that the if you plan on filing for an upgrade request from a purchase of Parallels Desktop 8, the Parallels Tech Guarantee ends on October 31, 2013.

Chris

16. JohnScho

JohnScho Bit poster

Hm. Newegg's site is noting the upgrade availability today on their Parallels 8 product pages, but these are physical products that need to be shipped. Even if I bought today (the 31st of October), I wouldn't have the box until after the 31st. I therefore wouldn't have the activation key until after the 31st, and therefore wouldn't be able to submit your form to get the upgrade. Have I got that right?

Thanks,
    JWS

17. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi JohnScho,

Wanted to get back to you on your posts ASAP. The Tech Guarantee will most likely cover you because:
    1-Your invoice will be from October 31, 2013, so you qualify
    2-The redemption process is open until November 15, 2013, meaning if you receive your box copy prior to the 15th, you can submit the request. I am not sure how long it will take you to get the box from NewEgg, but I would assume they have some options for express shipping.

Hope this help.
    Chris

18. JohnScho

JohnScho Bit poster

Wonderful! Thanks for the clarification!

19. AnglerDan

AnglerDan Bit poster

I purchased PD8 on 10/31, and submitted an upgrade request on 11/4. The confirmation page said I would receive "product activation key 6–8 days after your submission". Can you check on my status?

Thanks,
    Dan

20. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi AnglerDan,

Please check your email - I have re-sent the key and a personal message from my direct email.

Thanks,
    Chris