Parallels 9 (and 8) not compatible with Mavericks "Displays have separate spaces"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by talmy2, Oct 28, 2013.

1. talmy2

talmy2 Bit poster

My installation of Parallels 8 did not work well with Mavericks when "Displays have separate spaces" was enabled. So I upgraded to Parallels 9 (9.0.23136.932290) and found the problem to be worse! The Parallels window (full screen) appears off-screen and even if I try to move it on-screen it cannot be selected. I have to turn off "Displays have separate spaces" to get it to work. Of course if I do that I could just as well saved $50 and kept using Parallels 8. VMs here are Windows 7, XP, and 2000. (Yes I still use 2000 for some things). In Parallels 8 I disabled the Use Mac OS X Full Screen option. I've got a 27" 2009 iMac with an external 1600x1200 monitor on the left.

2. adt100

adt100 Bit poster

I was in exactly the same situation as you. What worked for me was to shutdown the virtual machine and re-enable the 'Use Mac OS X Full Screen' option.

3. talmy2

talmy2 Bit poster

Ah, that solves that problem!