PD9 Control Center Crashes repeatedly on Startup with OSX Mavericks and Win 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DonovanD, Oct 23, 2013.

1. DonovanD

DonovanD Member

I have wasted hours trying to resolve an issue with Parallels Control Center crashing repeatedly with PD9, OSX Mavericks and Win 8.1. This happens every time upon boot after responding to the Windows security prompt to allow Parallels Control Center to run. As a result of this host<->guest copy/paste and other functions that were previously working are now in-operational.

A problem report with ID number 30121603 and full details was sent to Parallels.

I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this.

Thanks!

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

Try renaming or deleting C:\Program Files <Program Files (x86) for 64-bit Windows>\Parallels\Parallels Tools\External\Metabar\Distributor.dll.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  3. DonovanD

DonovanD Member

Thank you serv. This resolved the crashing; however the cut and paste problem still persists.

Is there a solution to allow cut and paste of text and images between OSX Mavericks Host OS and Windows 8.1 Guest OS?

4. serv

serv Forum Maven

Cut and paste should definitely work. Now that prl_cc doesn't crash any more, could you submit a new problem report.

5. DonovanD

DonovanD Member

I filed a problem report. The ID number is: 30205706. Can you review and assist on resolving this?

6. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

1) From what to what program are you doing drag-and-drop?
    2) From what to what program are you doing copy-paste?

7. DonovanD

DonovanD Member

I just spent a couple hours deleting and reinstalling PD9 and Parallels Tools, renaming the Distributor.DLL file, enabling the prl_cc.exe startup item while restarting parallels/VM each step of the way for insurance. This seems to have cleared up most of the copy/paste, drag/drop issues. However, I still cannot drag any file from the Win 8.1 VM to OSX Mavericks. This is frustrating. Any suggestions on how to resolve this remaining issue?

Thanks.

8. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

Please check that Sharing options is enabled in the VM configure: Options -> Sharing -> Access Windows folders from Mac

9. DonovanD

DonovanD Member

Hi DenisO, I have confirmed that the sharing options are enabled. I am able to drag and drop from the Mac to the VM; but not from the VM to the Mac. Whenever I attempt to drag from the VM to Mac, the file drag will stop at the VM window border. Is there a setting to enable this?

10. Vinay1

Vinay1 Bit poster

check that Sharing options is enable