Coherence is a failed implementation in Parallels 9

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Greenwood Digital, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Greenwood Digital

Greenwood Digital Member

I am a huge fan of Parallels but am very disappointed in Parallels 9 and the Coherence implementation. I do not like that I am forced into using Application Sharing (something I've ALWAYS turned off) in order to start Coherence. I absolutely dislike the menu bar integration and the dock integration. I especially dislike the position of the Windows task bar underneath the Apple Dock, thereby rendering it completely unusable.

I own both Fusion and Parallels but haven't used Fusion in several years. They never had very good multi-monitor support. However, if their version of Coherence is similar to Coherence in Parallels 8, it's worth my time to migrate.

I'm not sure if the Parallels developers read the feedback on these forums, but Coherence in Parallels 9 is unusable for me. I am left running VMs in their own Window and lost the elegance that came with Coherence in Parallels 8. The new Coherence in Parallels 9 does nothing but clutter my screen and impair my workflows, and throwing the Windows task bar under the Dock makes the product functionally unusable. For me it's a deal-breaker. I'll probably start using Fusion to compare it to Parallels and consider migrating.

Very, very disappointed.

2. chabig

chabig Hunter

I agree about Coherence, but the location of the Windows task bar is entirely up to you. You put it where you want it, just like you would on a Windows machine.