10.9 / PD9 / Windows 8.1: I keep getting "problem with virtual machine" message

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by kuebler, Oct 30, 2013.

1. kuebler

kuebler Member

I use all the latest software versions... My installation works fine, but in the notification center Windows 8.1 keeps displaying (translated from German) "Solving a problem with virtual machine".

When clicking this, I am brought to the maintenance center, where I get the message "Load the driver for virtual machine and install it. For virtual machine a driver is missing. For solving this problem step-by-step-procedures are available". Plus a link with the text "Click this for getting further information and support on the Parallels website".

When following this link I am brought to the Parallels support site http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v5/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/22575.htm

This tells me how to install Parallels Tools. But my Parallels Tools are installed, and reinstalling them does not change the initial notification from Windows 8.1

At present I have not identified any malfunctions, but the thing annoys me a bit...

2. kuebler

kuebler Member

Re-installation of PD9 resolved the problem

And at the same time I did a Windows8.1 update from their update service. Don't know whether this contributed to solving the problem.

3. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

I had this very same problem after upgrading to 8.1 windows. I was already on P8 and latest update so no PD 9 involved. I still saw this message after re-installing Parallel tools completely. I've since ignored it..

regards
    Kevin

4. kuebler

kuebler Member

For me, just re-installing PD9 (without first explicitly uninstalling it) meanwhile solved the problem.