Help plz! Need to make Screenshot

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Juggernart, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Juggernart

Juggernart Member

Hi.
    I need to make a screenshot of a Flash-website while in Parallels.
    I know there's the menu command "actions -> make Screenshot", but I can't use it, because I need the mouse over some mouse sensitive content of the Flash for the screenshot!
    The Mac OS X shortcuts for making screenshots don't work while in Parallels.
    I also can't Apple-TAB to get to Finder without moving the mouse.
    And there's no "Print" key on my keyboard of course for making screenshots in Windows.

How could I solve it?!?

Thanks

2. Juggernart

Juggernart Member

Hey,
    I've just found the solution:

The application "grab" in the utilities folder has a "timed screen" option where one have 10 seconds time before the screenshot is made. :)

3. David5000

David5000 Pro

The shortcuts work fine with my setup in 2.5--are you using 3.0? Boot Camp?

David

--
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
    OS X 10.4.10
    Parallels Desktop 2.5 build 3124
    Windows XP Pro SP 2

4. Juggernart

Juggernart Member

I use v.3 with boot camp partition.

5. David5000

David5000 Pro

That probably explains it. Maybe you should file a bug report.

David

6. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

I use v2.5 (3214) and I can't paste screenshots, either.

When pasting to all other apps (Word, Powerpoint etc.) I hold down "shift-ctrl-command-4", then use the mouse to select the area to be copied, then go to where I want to paste, then command-V.

But it doesn't work here.

Suggestions?

7. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Are you running full screen, or a window, or coherence?

8. David5000

David5000 Pro

I didn't think the OP was talking about pasting screenshots, only taking them, but thank you for bringing it up--I had no idea you could do this. (Very awkward keyboard shortcut, but grateful for it all the same.)

Do you mean you can't paste to XP applications? (I don't seem to be able to so either.)

David

--
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
    OS X 10.4.10
    Parallels Desktop 2.5 build 3124
    Windows XP Pro SP 2

9. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

Actually, I can paste to XP applications (such as Word, Wordpad etc.) very easily. Just capture the image as I described earlier (Shift-Ctrl-Cmd-4, then drag the resultant crosshairs across the area you want to copy. Then open your XP app, place your mouse pointer where you want to paste, then Ctrl-V or click the "paste" icon in the XP app's menu.

What I CANNOT do is paste a screenshot into a message in this forum. I know it can be done because others do it.

10. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

Normally a window. But I can't do it in full screen either. (I don't use coherence as it basically seems too gimmicky. But that's just my opinion...)

11. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

You need to put your image on a web server somewhere like PhotoBucket, and create a link to it. The forum doesn't host images, only the text.

12. David5000

David5000 Pro

13. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Use Advanced editing mode, and upload an image file using Manage Attachments:

Attached Files:

14. dippyskoodlez

dippyskoodlez Bit poster

15. ToddT

ToddT Bit poster

Wow this screen shot keyboard shortcut is awesome... It will allow you to select top line menus in programs and pull drop down list to capture them in that state. I hear the camera sound click when i use it. then when paste into paralles it just shows the outlook clock icon. What i had to do was pasted itno Word for Mac on that side than copy and paste again into the Word version 10 in the paralles side. and extra step, but pricessles to capture your window in any state...