No External Hard Drive Recognized

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Housedoctor, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Housedoctor

Housedoctor Junior Member

I am running a Mac 27" iMac with Parallels 9 upgrade. I use Quickbooks Pro 2014 for my business. I always do a backup after every session I spend on QB. Just since I installed the latest update for Parallels I no longer see my external LaCie Hard Drive (w) in the browse section of QB where to backup company files. It was always there before I did this latest update of Parallels. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance.

2. strells

strells Product Expert

Can you access the drive itself in Windows? Also, recheck the Sharing settings in your VM to make sure the drive can be loaded. Or check the devices menu and make sure it's been connected to the VM.

Steve

3. Housedoctor

Housedoctor Junior Member

Steve can you walk me thru the steps, I'm a long time user of Mac, long time user of virtual machines to run windows on my Macs because of Quickbooks but not to tech smart on the trouble shooting. Under devices in the menu bar I see "LaCie d2 Quadra v3 (disk 1)". If I back up the company files to the desktop I can then drag them to my LaCie Drive icon on my Mac desktop to copy files, but before it was listed in the "backup to" browse section of Quickbooks. How should the share setting look? Thanks for your help.