How do I back up documents in my "PSF" network?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Yarand2, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Yarand2

Yarand2 Bit poster

Just got a new MBPR, installed Windows 7 in BootCamp, then after installing Parallels 9 in the Mac I set up and activated Windows 7 through Parallels.
    I have now copied my data - excel and word and other documents - from my Windows laptop to the PSF "network" set up by Parallels 9 so that I can have access from either Mac or Windows 7 VM and write to/overwrite files in that PSF area.
    How do I now go about backing up the documents in PSF? Can I use Time Machine for that? I already have Acronis 2012 from my Windows 7 laptop.
    Apologies if this question has been asked - and answered - elsewhere.

2. danieltharris

danieltharris Member

The PSF folders are by default just folders in your Macs home folder. So you can access them from within Finder, and these can be backed up with Time Machine.

I personally back them up from the Mac side, rather than within Windows. But any Windows backup software that allows backup of network locations would work fine too.

3. Yarand2

Yarand2 Bit poster

Thanks Daniel, that's helpful.
    I have now successfully backed up via Time Machine and found the .pvm file in the back up.
    Cheers.