Windows screen stays black after switching to other OS X user

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SK1234, Sep 19, 2013.

1. SK1234

SK1234 Junior Member

Since the last update (to Build 9.0.23062), the windows screen will go black after switching to another OS X user while the VM is running and back. The only solution to get back the screen is shutting down/rebooting the VM.

Running Mavericks 13A584, Windows 8.1 RTM in the VM. I also use two screens.

2. RobertL-UK

RobertL-UK Bit poster

I'm having exactly the same problem that only affects me after switching to another user (or in my case, just going to the user switching login page).

Have you found any workarounds?

3. PaulBurger

PaulBurger Bit poster

My problem is that the screen goes black when I go off the edge of the screen too quickly when running in full-screen mode on the second screen. The cursor then also jumps to somewhere on the main (MBP) screen.

To get it back I go to mission control and move the VM back to be main screen. Select it, which makes it come back, then use mission control to move it back to the second monitor.

Very irritating when you have a nervous overactive mouse/finger that use the the edge of the screen as an automatic stop :-/

4. RobertL-UK

RobertL-UK Bit poster

@PaulBurger - yours sounds like a different problem, even though both involve a black screen. The problem the OP has posted about (which I am also experiencing) seems to be related to switching user or the logon page, and seems to be unrecoverable without shutting down the affected VM.

5. baltobikeboi

baltobikeboi Bit poster

Actually it happens in Mac OS X when switching to a different VNC software (Pocket Cloud and remote LogMeIn) - I've quit the app on the iPad but I can't see the bloody screen now - even using Remote Desktop on my desktop Mac. Horrible software.

6. Levoy Hurley

Levoy Hurley Member

yep, same here. Never noticed it until our vacation when wife and I shared the same MBP. Come on, Parallels - need some help on this!!

7. Levoy Hurley

Levoy Hurley Member

You mean this hasn't been fixed yet?? Wife and I are on vacation again so sharing the laptop again. I didn't think anything about it so left Parallels up last night and went to bed. This morning she switched to do her thing and when I went back to my side was more than a little surprised to see the black screen. It even took me a minute to realize what I was looking at.

With all the updates from both Apple and Parallels in the last six months this still happens?? good grief!

(I'm using the latest versions of Parallels and OS X)

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  8. rushim

rushim Bit poster

I am having exactly the same problem that only affects me after switching to another user then it show black screen any solution ?