Invalid Activation Key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Todd_Wayne_Arizona, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Todd_Wayne_Arizona

Todd_Wayne_Arizona Bit poster

HELP...

Just bought Parallels (box cd version). Installation went well until I typed in the activaion key...It reads "the activation key seems to be invalid!"

I've tried every conceivable permutation of the key( all uppercase, all lowercase, include dashes, etc.) and nothing seems to work.

I'm running OSX 10.4.9. I'm bet I'm overlooking something simple, but any help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Todd

2. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

If upgrading from Parallels 2 to 3 you need both the original and the new keys.

But if a boxed version, that does not sound like what you are doing.

Phil

3. Todd_Wayne_Arizona

yeah, mine is a boxed version I purchased this afternoon from my local mac store.

I've tried re-installation several times wit no luck. I've got several emails into support,but no reply yet. frustrating.

4. jbcaro

jbcaro Member

If there are any '?' in the serial number, replace them with a '0' (zero).

j

5. jackcav

jackcav Bit poster

Don't hold your breath waiting for Parallels support (or lack thereof) to answer your request for a valid Activation Code. I have tried every imaginable avenue of communication and have received nothing but one automated response. Version 2.5 works very well, but the upgrade to version 3.0 fails repeatedly. I have tried every possible configuration of the Code I received from Parallels with the same result ""the activation code seems to be invalid".

Parallels is a good product, but the lack of support is creating a sour taste in the mouth of numerous customers as expressed in several threads on this forum. Yet Parallels Support stubbornly refuses to respond.

A VERY Dissatisfied Customer
    Jack Caviness

6. Bob Turner

Bob Turner Bit poster

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS- I just spent an hour with those ANNOYING question marks........

I cannot believe they'd use a ? in the key. What a JOKE!!!!!

It's no wonder China and India are handing our A$$es to us....... with this STUPIDITY....

Bob

7. Todd_Wayne_Arizona

Frustration level rising!!!!!!!!

Have searched the forum and sent emails to parallels people who seem to have answered other people's questions. Still no response. This is seriously unbelievable.

I know nothing about how activation codes work, so this may be a stupid question...but does anyone have an activation code they can give me? (Obviously, I'm referring to a code that works)

Thanks

8. Todd_Wayne_Arizona

Hold the Phone...a Parallels Support Email!!!

Nevermind, just the "auto-response" from another request I sent earlier this morning. Sheesh, even the speed of their auto-responses can be measured in geologic time!

In all seriousness, is there anything I can do to get their attention?

9. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

have you tried picking up the phone and calling Parallels sales dept ? after all, this is a post sales issue, not something technical support need to get involved with...

10. Todd_Wayne_Arizona

Resolved!

Darkone,

I guess I've become so accustomed to thinking that email is the source of all answers and wisdom in the universe that it really never dawned on me to use that old 20th century technology. But in the end, you were right! After about 50 minutes talking to various people, I finally DID get an activation key that worked. As it turns out, it was a tech issue, not a sales issue, but in the end the result was the same.

For those experiencing the same sort of frustration, take Darkon's advice, pick up the phone. Here's the short version:

Called Parallels. 20 minutes on hold, and was told that Nova Development Corp. takes care of all the box version problems.

Called Nova development sales line. 15 minutes on hold, was told that I'd have to call Nove technical support. Couldn't transfer me, but they gave me the number.

Called Nova tech support. 15 minutes on hold, but finally got to a helpful guy who took my email address and immediately sent me a new activation code. No long questions verifying identity or proof of purchase. Worked the first time I tried it. Here's that magic tech support number for those of you experiencing the same problems: 818-591-6245.

Ultimately I'm relieved that it worked, but I still think it shouldn't take me a week to get this program running!

11. RichardKAthena

RichardKAthena Member

I'm rapidly forming the opinion that Apple needs to aquire Parallels and package/market this product themselves. Anything to save them from their own sheer incompetence with handling customers ;)