Games and programs

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sebroberts, Jul 2, 2007.

1. sebroberts

sebroberts Bit poster

Ok so i am just about to purchase PD 3

I have just got a new iMac to replace my desktop that i use primarily for games. I would just like to know if it is worth getting PD 3 to use for games? I have been looking around and it looks like not much works? I don't know if this is correct or not i would just like to know what you think i should do - Parallels or Boot Camp?

Thanks in advanced!

Seb.

2. AlanH

AlanH Pro

If you are serious about games then Bootcamp is the only option, other than a separate console or hanging on to your old PC.

3. sebroberts

sebroberts Bit poster

Thanks for your quick reply.

Thats unfortunate as i really like the way PD Works, i will give bootcamp a go when i get back home.

Im not a serious gamer (on my PC) there are just a few games i like to play. Never the less, thanks for your help!

Seb.

4. AlanH

AlanH Pro

My reply started with "If you are serious about games". If this is not the case then you'll have to search the forum for the names of the games you want to play. You may be lucky that they are supported.

Note that, even if it does work with a game, Parallels can't make your hardware any better than it already is. Low-end iMacs with Intel GMA950 graphics (the 17" ones) are notoriously bad at supporting high-end games.

5. sebroberts

sebroberts Bit poster

Well i have just bought the high end 20" iMac so fingers crossed it should be a bit better than the 17" you mentioned. I have done a quick search and did not find much i will have to have a better look later.

It looks like i will just have to stay with Bootcamp then see how that holds out until PD develops.

If i was to get it would it be a good idea to get it no or wait for a newer version to come out? as i have seen many people are not happy with it?

Thanks,

Seb.