Start up with Dual Monitor

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by soldavi, Jul 2, 2007.

1. soldavi

soldavi Bit poster

I have an iMac with a second monitor attached. Running Parallels 3.0/Windows XP. I would like Parallels to open up on the alternate monitor. There does not appear to be any configuration option to force Parallels to open on the secondary display. I have to open Parallels, drag the window over to the second display, and then start Windows XP. Any other method leaves it running on the primary iMac monitor and I cannot move it to the second display. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere?

2. roadkill_97006

roadkill_97006 Junior Member

I though there was something about dual monitor support in the settings screens under Coherence. Have you tried that? Probably not what you're looking for, but who knows?

Jim

3. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

Parallels runs within a Mac OS window

make it small enough to drag with your mouse onto the monitor you wish before start up

works OK for me for more than a year now

teach the Mac OS to remember window positions and sizes by clicking on the green button a couple of times

Mac OS saves the last two

Hugh W

4. soldavi

soldavi Bit poster

I've done exactly this a number of times. No matter what I do, when I shut down parallels and restart it, it starts up in the primary monitor and I have to drag it over to the secondary monitor.