Lost Start8 or Windows 8 start menu from toolbar or the Dock when in Coherence mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BradD808, Oct 22, 2013.

1. BradD808

BradD808 Bit poster

Not sure if it was Windows 8.1, Mavericks, or the newest version of Parallels v9, but I have lost the ability to see the Start8 menu or the Windows 8 Start Screen via the Mac Parallels toolbar menu or the Dock. There isn't even a Dock icon for Parallels anymore when I switch to coherence. At this time, the only way I can start a new app i haven't saved in my dock in coherence mode is to add the windows applications folder to the dock.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks,

Bradley

2. BradD808

BradD808 Bit poster

Its working again now. I pulled the Parallels app out of a sub-folder in the Applications directory and it started working again. Weird since I have always run from a sub-folder.

3. BradD808

BradD808 Bit poster

its gone again. The Parallels app is not in a sub-folder. Anyone know how to fix this?

4. BradD808

BradD808 Bit poster

I got it to show from the Parallels toolbar menu by following some of the support help articles on permissions. I still don't have the icon in my doc when in Coherence. Weird that another account the same machine, using the same vm, does have the start menu icon in the dock when in Coherence, but my account doesn't.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling... and yesterdays patch update. No changes.