PRL_CC.Exe is hanging up Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by navychief, Nov 15, 2013.

1. TracyW

TracyW Bit poster

I'm getting the same error. I' also having issues opening files between Office for Mac and Office for windows. they say they are read-only or locked for editing. AND I'm having issues with the language of my keyboard constantly changing on me. I am DEFINITELY questioning the purchase.

2. MarianaC

MarianaC Bit poster

@vasilyz - I have created a dump file as instructed (I hope I did this correctly).
    /Users/marianacartwright/Desktop/prl_cc.zip

I will generate a problem report as soon as I shut down - am trying to get as much work done as possible because once this happens then opening my quicken program and others becomes a problem.

3. crctech

crctech Junior Member

Having same problem when shutting down from coherence mode, does not happen if close coherence mode before shutdown. MacBook Pro late 2008, Mavericks, Parallels 9.

4. Printfun

Printfun Member

Exact same problem here. Also under coherence.

Specs:

MacBook Pro (Mid 2010)
    OS 10.9 Mavericks
    Parallels Desktop 9.0.23350 Rev. 941886
    VM: Windows 7 Pro 32 bit SP1

5. JCohn

JCohn Bit poster

Same here - Hangs on restart during Windows Update restarts
    Mac Pro - OSX 10.9
    Parallels Desktop 9.0.23350 Rev 941886
    VM: Windows 7 Pro 64b SP1
    Coherence Mode

6. NCgeek

NCgeek Bit poster

Problem Report: 31447582

dmp file is 29MB compressed ... forum will not allow it to be attached. Please provide a different method to deliver the file and I will be glad to post it.

7. Liuhao

Liuhao Bit poster

The same to me. Waiting for the bug fix.

8. Fergus67

Fergus67 Bit poster

I have read these threads and I am very frustrated. I am getting the prl_cc.exe in both windows mode and coherence mode. I have created a dump file like you said, Vasilyz, but it won't link to this message. Is there another way to get it to you. Also I tried to generate a problem report as per your instructions, but when it was hanging I couldn't do anything with it except force quit. Any suggestions?

9. jldengler

jldengler Bit poster

I'm having the exact same problem too. Never had the problem with Parallels Desktop 9 until the most recent upgrade of Parallels Desktop 9. Here's my setup:

Mac Pro
    Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.9)
    Parallels 9.0.23350
    Windows 7
    I only use two programs in Windows, Quicken and Quickbooks.

I just always "force quit" when I get the message at shutdown. Not only is that a pain, but I'm sure it isn't good for the system, nor does it instill confidence in the software / product.

Any thoughts or solutions will be much appreciated.

10. Billish

Billish Bit poster

I've got this too....DAMMIT.

MacBook Air Late 2010
    Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.8)
    Parallels Desktop 9
    Windows Vista Ultimate

WTH?!?!

UPDATE: Received an initial reply to my support ticket on this issue. Basically says the same exact thing someone else in this thread was told...."we're aware of this issue...are constantly releasing an update....etc." Notwithstanding the unusual english construction of the copy-and-paste they've prepared for this one, at least they admit they're aware of it. Hard to imagine how this got through beta testing, however. Sigh.

UPDATE #2: Updated Parallels on 10 Dec 2013. I did NOT get the prl_cc.exe shut down error today! I'll keep using it and see if I can get it to recur under different use cases. But so far...Build 9.0.24172 seems to have corrected the problem in my case.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  11. JamilB

JamilB Junior Member

Me three....among other issues. Not pleased with this release of Parallels at all. Never had any issues with P8 and then I was forced into this version which is apparently half baked....

12. cvilledave

cvilledave Bit poster

Add me to the disappointed list ... I've been using Parallels since it first came out and have always had stellar experiences with upgrades until this version. The last couple of updates have been almost unusable for me. I had problems after the initial installation and ended up having to create new VM, but that didn't fix the performance issues. After installing Build 9.0.24172 (which I thought was supposed to fix the prc_cc.exe problem), programs take forever to start and the system frequently hangs just from clicking on the start button. After waiting a minute or two, Windows pops up a message saying Windows Explorer is not responding. If I then try to force a shutdown via the Parallels menu at the top of the screen, I get a message saying the system is "waiting for prl_cc.exe to close".

13. crctech

crctech Junior Member

Problem solved with most recent upgrade.

14. Printfun

Printfun Member

Fix seems to have worked for the prl_cc.exe process it was holding up on, but for me it is still hanging on another process that previous versions never got hung up on.

15. crctech

crctech Junior Member

if you haven't already I respectfully suggest to start a new thread for that other process. Best of luck.

16. POWerSUrgeSW3

POWerSUrgeSW3 Bit poster

Has everyone seen the update for Parallels? It says it fixes the very issue we all here have been having with coherence and rebooting. I just got done doing the update, I rebooted my actual Mac (yeah I know but it's what you do on a PC so...) and saw it updated my tools when I launched my Parallels VM. I have since then rebooted my VM and all is working well, no more having to force an end task of the PRL_CC.exe!!!!! If you haven't, do the update and hopefully this thread will be able to be closed!

17. MauricioB

MauricioB Bit poster

I run PD9 on both my macbook pro (2010) and my mac mini (2013). The Mac Mini is always in coherence and has never encountered this problem (knock on wood) but today working on the road with my MBP first my outlook gave out, just froze and tried to restart but it ended up freezing the explorer.exe altogether. On reboot it gave me the dreaded prl_cc.exe error holding up the shutdown and now I'm frozen on this window. I somehow managed to update to the new version of PD9 but I went from the all black screen at startup to not getting anything but this frozen screen with the prl_cc.exe "preventing windows from shutting down". I don't even have the option to click cancel and go back to the desktop, it's literally going nowhere. I've tried to restart both the virtual machine and the MBP and it just resumes at this screen every time.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,
    Mauricio

18. POWerSUrgeSW3

POWerSUrgeSW3 Bit poster

I've only been using PD9 for about a month now, and I've seen some glitches. But since I did the recent update from last week, all of my PRL_CC.exe issues now are fixed... and glitches are gone! I only use it for running Quickbooks, not Outlook or anything. Maybe it had to do with a few different factors? Have you been able to repeat the "glitch"?