I can not copy text from Mac to Windows. Ctrl. + C and Ctrl + V

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DieterHaus, Dec 11, 2013.

1. DieterHaus

DieterHaus Bit poster

The problem is that I can no save text to to the clipboard. I can not copy text from a Mac software for a Windows software. Ctrl. + C and CMD + V. My computer is three weeks old and does not have any third software on the computer.
    I have made for two weeks a support request. A week later someone has reported, but the problem could not be solved. Now I'm waiting for almost two weeks for support?!

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Reinstall Parallels Tools?

3. DieterHaus

DieterHaus Bit poster

I have Uninstalled Parallels at first by Windows then by Mac. After that I installed everything again. And Parallels Tool Installs. I Up date all Software.
    I also have the set. See picture.
    View attachment Ohne Titel.pdf
    It's still not working.

4. beta_mikecwest

beta_mikecwest Member

I think maybe you need to use COMMAND-C or COMMAND-V or COMMAND-P for cut, copy, paste. (this key is what USED to be the Apple Key, and is also known by some as the cloverleaf, or CMD.

This is without a doubt the case on the Mac side, you definitely can not use CTRL-C , CTRL-V, CTRL-P on the Mac Side.

If that does not work, you will need to re-install parallels tools.

What version of Windows are you using? I assume its in in Deutsch?

Also, it may or may not matter to resolve the situation, but what is the nature of the software you are trying to copy from (on mac) and copy to (on pc)?

Is it any form of proprietary software? I have seen issues in some pc apps where it won't take a copy and paste from the mac side. I used to have that issue with VMWARE, and used some software on the mac that would cause it to copy only in raw text. The formatted text would cause issues, but that was long ago on a really early version of VMware, and is the main reason why I stopped using VMWARE.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013