Mac Crashing Parallels 9 and Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AJSnook, Nov 6, 2013.

1. AJSnook

AJSnook Bit poster

So MY whole system crashes when running Parallels latest build with Win 8.1 anyone else with this issue? Macbook Pro Retina 16GB RAM was running without issue now since the updates is useless! VMWARE Fusion has run fine for a week without crash it only happens with Parallels running... HELP!

2. WarrenT

WarrenT Bit poster

It also will crash on Macbook pro 8 gig ram, running win 7. Very strange crashes out of noware...check you memory use. Delet your cashes. Clean up old files and programs this seems to help.

3. AJSnook

AJSnook Bit poster

An update from the "support"
    Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Parallels Support.

From your email, I understand that you have an issue with system crashes on running Parallels Desktop.

I have gone through the attachment which you have sent to us with this email and found that the system is getting crash with third party services getting conflicted with Parallels. This is not an issue with Parallels. I kindly request you to contact Apple Technical Support for further assistance. Parallels Desktop is an similar application running in your Mac computer. It will not change any configuration on your computer.

Please feel free to get back to us if you have any queries.

Thank you for choosing Parallels.

Ahh the old IT gem it is not our issue speak to someone else! So why can any one tell me is this issue only now causing an issue after I installed an update from Parallels?

4. AJSnook

AJSnook Bit poster

Now I am not saying it is not a third party service, but which one? Also why did the Parallels update break it?

5. npadam

npadam Bit poster

Yes, I have exactly the same issue with Parallels 9 and Windows 8.1 with same MacBook Pro.

Parallels 9 crashes several times every day, typically when using Outlook and less often with Excel.

Parallels seems more stable if I turn off coherence, but this is not a good solution for me because I need to use multiple monitors to work effectively.

My colleague at the next desk also suffers from similar crashes. He is on Windows 8 not 8.1, so looks like a Parallels bug.

Crashes started a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I upgraded to 8.1 and several Parallels 9 updates around the same time, so cannot definitely point the finger.

Anyway, crashes are annoying and disruptive so I hope a solution arrives soon.....

6. AJSnook

AJSnook Bit poster

Update just came out so we will see how it goes!

7. AJSnook

AJSnook Bit poster

Been running coherence mode without a crash since the update. Looks good and Parallels I think have responded well. Can't be an easy thing to quickly churn out and update to complex software! Well done!

8. WorthR

WorthR Junior Member

What update? I am running 9.0.24172, crashing often, running with Coherence off crashing is not happening.