XP on parallels desktop 9 disconnect mapped drives...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by voilaxaxa, Dec 26, 2013.

1. voilaxaxa

voilaxaxa Bit poster

Hello.
    Strange problem with my parallels desktop 9. For an accounting software, i need to access a database via a network drive. I mapped the drive with the letter x (for exemple). Everything works fine, i can use my accounting software.
    If i stop to use my mac for more tan 10 or 15 minutes, when i come back, i have an error on the accounting soft and it crash. People who develop the software explain me that it is a network disconnection. Drive X:\ is still accessible. I think it's a sleeping mode problem. So i set the virtual XP machine to never go to sleep (it was already set to this) and never hibernate. I also do the same for the mac. So, now, i have NO sleep on the mac and the virtual XP but i have still the same problems.

I'm quite sure it's related to a very small disconnection of the mapped network drive when i dont use the computer.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance

2. voilaxaxa

voilaxaxa Bit poster

Nobody have an idea???

3. NEIL REIFF

NEIL REIFF Member

SAME PROBLEM and it is getting worse.

I am thinking about reverting to the "last" version of Mac OS (Before Mavericks) and going back to Parallels 7. HAs anyone done this??

4. voilaxaxa

voilaxaxa Bit poster

In my case, i'm not running maverick but mountain lion... And i cannot revert to parallels desktop 8 because i have only a // v.9 licence... Do you think it's a problem of // v.9???

5. NEIL REIFF

NEIL REIFF Member

Voilaxaxa,
    I was fine with Parallels 7. Worked fine for years until I upgraded to Mavericks and PD9.