Display Issues After Installing Parallels Tools in Fedora 20 and openSuse 13.1

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by mat-ray, Jan 2, 2014.

1. mat-ray

mat-ray Bit poster

Hi folks,

I am running Parallels Build 9.0.24172 on a 2013 MBA 11" OS X 10.9.1 (13B42), and have installed both Fedora 20 and openSuse 13.1 VMs and I am now seeing the same display corruption issues on both VMs after installing the tools. I also have other VMs (Win 8 and Ubuntu) that do not show any issues with the tools installed.

I have attached two screenshots, but in summary what happens is that I login OK, and the display is fine, but as I move the mouse around the screen - particularly as I rollover an element like an icon in the left launcher bar etc, the screen elements mostly blank out for a second or two.

Kind regards,

mat

Attached Files:

2. cá sấuC

cá sấuC Bit poster

failed does my current device, thanks very much mat-ray

3. petro

petro Member

Same here

I'm seeing similar problems, blue blocky background. This is from a fresh download and install of Fedora 20, a 'yum update' and an install of Parallels Tools using Parallels 9.0.24172.951362 on MacOS
    10.9.1 on a MBP Retina Mid 2012.

Only custom settings are 4 CPUs and 8GB RAM for the VM.

4. LucasR

LucasR Bit poster

5. JarrodD

JarrodD Bit poster

Try adding the following line to your /etc/environment file and reboot:

This fixed the issue for me in the latest versions of Ubuntu, Mint, Elementary OS, and Fedora. Ubuntu still popped up a error dialog box on OS start complaining about a monitor setting, but it otherwise operated just fine after closing that.

6. LucasR

LucasR Bit poster

This worked! Thank you one last time! :)