PD9 Bug in Coherence Full Screen Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Cyberic, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Cyberic

Cyberic Junior Member

Hello,

Is there any way to fix this annoying bug that surfaced in PD9 but wasn't there in PD8.

Whenever I have a Windows 7 application launched in Full Screen mode (under Coherence) and if I start another application or switches to one that isn't full screen or even just display the Windows start menu and close it, then the top and bottom of my "full screen" applications is cutoff.

See attached picture:

PD9 Bug.png

I get the top munched off (with some OSX menu bar shadowing effect, but without the menu bar)
    I also get the bottom spacing for a Dock which isn’t there either.
    To correct it, I need to get out of full screen and re-enter it. But it fails again each time I start another Windows application (or switch to one which isn’t in full screen).

Please help. How can I fix it? Is there a patch coming up?

Thanks.

2. Cyberic

Cyberic Junior Member

Bump please.

I upgraded from Mountain Lion to Maverick and I still get the issue.

When the Windows Application is in full screen under coherence, as soon as I switch to another Mac app, the top and bottom of the Windows app are resizing "as if" it wanted to make room for menu bar and dock.

Is this a bug being looked at?
    Very annoying and makes it unusable as it keeps resizing back & forth in full screen.

Please help. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

3. legosik

legosik Bit poster

I've got a similar issue if I make a Windows-application full screen in coherence mode. When I switch back to the fullscreen-app space the application window jumps to smaller window (with some space for menu and some space for dock) and then back to full screen. It takes like 3 seconds and it is very annoying.

4. Cyberic

Cyberic Junior Member

Yes, that's exactly the issue!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one...
    I've submitted a bug report. If you do the same, maybe it will draw more attention so that they fix it!...

I agree it is extremely annoying. It makes full screen simply unusable.

5. legosik

legosik Bit poster

Well I did. It were one or two releases since I reported the issue, they don't care yet. I wish parallels developers pay more attention to the bug cause I'm ready to switch to VMWare Fusion 6 now.

6. Nicolas Fletcher

Nicolas Fletcher Bit poster

Except the problem is that VMware Fusion does not support full screen apps in coherence (or unity as they call it) mode.

Parallels as a company annoys the hell out of me, but the UI integration still beats Fusion.

I guess if you always work with the whole of windows in a window or full screen, then there is probably not much between them.

7. Cyberic

Cyberic Junior Member

It was working fine with PD8.
    Why have they broken it with PD9 ?!?

It was a dream - I could page through full screen apps without problem, Mac, Windows, Mac, Windows, etc.
    Now each time a Windows app shows, it shrinks the top, the bottom, then rexpands the top, then reexpands the bottom, all of that takes 3 to 4 seconds each time... it is "beyond" annoying.

Why? Just why does it do that?
    Is there any setting to stop that resizing? That is evidently a bug in the "Parallel Tools" installed on the Windows side.

The bug has been accepted but why don't they fix it?

8. Nicolas Fletcher

Nicolas Fletcher Bit poster

Cyberic... I agree with you.

You ask why does it do that? Well, technically, I don't know... I'm only a user. But I suspect it has something to do with this article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/117062

But either way it is MORE than annoying... it is next to unusable.

I can accept that Windows 8 changed the playing game... but I cannot accept that Parallels leave this feature in, when it is clearly useless. Actually, I have come to the conclusion with PD9 and Windows 8 that parallels marketing description of "seamless integration" is an offence under the (British) "Trade description act" - because there is littles that is seamless anymore.

So, I would ask - as others have - for someone from Parallels to comment on this and let us know what they are intending to do about it.