Outlook 2013 Notifications not working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Starbuck, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Starbuck

Starbuck Bit poster

I Have installed the latest version of Parallels and I'm running Windows 7 with Outlook 2013.

I can not get the mew email notification to show in the Notification Center

It worked once just after I upgraded but has not worked since!

how can this be fixed?

2. Voodooken

Voodooken Bit poster

I am having the same problem also. Not getting sound notifications either for new mail in Outlook.

3. shockwave562

shockwave562 Bit poster

Same problem here as well on Windows 7 with Outlook 2013. I've read in a few other threads that suggested notification center support with Parallels requires Windows 8. Confirmation would be helpful so I stop trying to figure it out.

4. Starbuck

Starbuck Bit poster

It worked once for me so i guess it is meant to work with windows 7

5. John Can

John Can Bit poster

6. shockwave562

shockwave562 Bit poster

This doesn't really help me out. I'm having an issue with notifications for an exchange account. I'm still seeing the little outlook notification box of new emails and calendar alerts, but apparently parallels is supposed to transform these in to mac style notifications.

7. vasilyz

vasilyz Parallels Developers

Make sure your antivirus software is running and up to date. It is required by the Outlook object model guard.

8. Sarah73H

Sarah73H Bit poster

I was having the same problem and then I upgraded my windows to windows 8, now everything is working fine. I guess you should also upgrade your windows.

9. Starbuck

Starbuck Bit poster

I Have installed Symantec Endpoint Protection and it is all up to date, it made no difference!

10. Starbuck

Starbuck Bit poster

I have the exact same situation!

11. Starbuck

Starbuck Bit poster

Just a Quick update!

For some reason it started working this afternoon, i hadn't worked all morning and then all of a sudden after lunch it started working! Strange?

12. johnwillsey

johnwillsey Bit poster

The other day I found this thread as I had never seen a notification since installation but wanted it to work.

Today, I ended up rebooting windows once and suddenly I was getting notifications, but when I clicked reply in my pop up, the outlook window was magnified and the buttons were not visible. I rebooted windows and now notifications are not working again.. so it seems to have only worked once in a about 30 boots and then the gui was messed up. Very bizarre.