iTunes 7.3 kills suspend, weird video artifacts

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by nategold, Jul 3, 2007.

1. nategold

nategold Member

Installation of iTunes 7.3 kills the ability to suspend. You get the cannot suspend because an app is using OpenGL or DirectX message that others have reported. In addition, if you open a folder window and drag it across iTunes you get all sorts of messed up stuff as you move it across. If I remove iTunes the suspend problem goes away, leaving QuickTime installed. This is with Parallels 4128 on a MacBook Pro.

2. nategold

nategold Member

Can somebody else confirm or deny this problem?

3. dtidmore

dtidmore Member

Confirmed

I have the exact same issue. I am running iTune 7.3 on OSX 10.4.10 on a MBP 2GB Ram with Parallel 3 build 4124. Further investigation has shown that it is NOT iTunes itself but a process named ituneshelper that is killing the ability suspend. You can run iTunes without ituneshelper running.

For those that might be asking WHY would anyone want to run iTunes under XP in a VM on an OSX platform....the answer is the iPhone. I am totally married to MS Outlook and all my contacts/calendar are there and I want to sync the iPhone to Outlook for those items. I use OSX iTunes for the music/video stuff.

david

4. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

Thank you for your posts!

We are aware of this problem in current version of Parallels Desktop and there is update coming soon that should solve this issue.

Best regards,
    Mike

5. luckylindy

luckylindy Bit poster

Not so fast...

A number of us are having this same problem--Mike from Parallels PLEASE you or someone reply to our pleas for help!

Personally am not running iTunes on either platform (not even installed on my XP virtual disk), or iTunes helper..so what is the problem so may of us are having? (See http://forums.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=12772&highlight=suspend)