Parallels Tools Shared Profile in Windows 7 Constantly forces logout

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mikesims10670, Jul 12, 2011.

1. MathsK

MathsK Bit poster

I got this issue on my iMAC.

Running Win 8 Pro at Mountain Lion with Parallels desktop 8. All software updated to latest version.

It is very annoying to get this message and it is not possible to minimize it either :(.

I am also running same setup on my MacBook Pro without this issue.

Do anyone have a solution?

2. charlottec

charlottec Bit poster

registry

Can anyone please sent me the registry for windows 7 to fix this problem?

Kind regards,
    Charlotte

3. charlottec

charlottec Bit poster

demand for registry

Can anyone please send me the registry for windows 7 for this problem?

Charlotte

4. NomDeGuerre

NomDeGuerre Bit poster

Need it here too...grrr. Would someone please share the registry solution (either as the body of a reply or at http://pastebin.com and include a link)? What is wrong with the people on these interwebs?! po'd...

5. cdfergus

cdfergus Bit poster

I know that this was over 6 months ago - but why hasn't this been patched with newer releases? I have 8.0.18483 (Rev.860857 Mar 30,2013) and have this problem as well.
    I see that there was a .reg file that would fix the problem; however, the person who hosted it has since pulled it.

Any suggestions?
    Mahalo

6. ClaytonS

ClaytonS Bit poster

Reinstall Parallels Tools

Solution is Simple
    - Disable Profile Sharing
    - Reinstall Parallels Tools
    - Enable Profile Sharing

7. Shawn_O

Shawn_O Bit poster

Want to send me that registry file?

I'm hoping someone is willing to share this registry file with me (none of the links seem to work)!

I've tried everything support recommended (resulting in many BSOD's on boot via uninstallation of parallels tools) as well as the last comment in this thread (disable sharing, uninstall and reinstall parallels tools) to no avail.

Upgrade was from WinXP->Vista->Win7 and I have this issue.

Shawn

8. NewNickName2

NewNickName2 Bit poster

Coming up on a year and no answer to this. I assume the "registry file" solution is obsolete now that there have been multiple updates to Parallels, however I still have the same problem -- now with Windows 8 and OSX 10.8.4. I can ignore the window and continue to work but if I ever close the window it restarts Windows. And FWIW all my sharing settings are working fine. Just can't shake the restart message.

9. ShawnaR

ShawnaR Bit poster

We are having the same issue with Windows 7 and need the regisitry file. It is no longer accessible on the previous posts. Anyone able to post it again? Or do we need to contact tech support?

10. joshthegeek

joshthegeek Bit poster

I am still having these problems with a fully up-to-date Mac OS X 10.8.5, fully up-to-date Windows 7 Ultimate, and Parallels Desktop for Mac 9.0.23062.

It would be very nice if this issue was resolved by now.

We need shared folders between Windows and Mac, so disabling those is not an option.

11. this works

OSX 10.8.5 PD8 Win7

12. hanskalk

hanskalk Bit poster

for me this does not work at all

Parallels 9
    Win 7
    OS X Mavericks

13. hanskalk

hanskalk Bit poster

Do you think a .reg file would work?

14. marcoie

marcoie Bit poster

Perhaps it is worth notice that the "hosted" shared folders in windows MUST BE ALL EMPTY in order for Parallels to "merge" or "map" those to the native OS X Folders after doing the reinstall of parallels tool. I did it that way and worked... of course, I could have tried to doing without the reinstall but I´m done!

15. Colonel(

Colonel( Junior Member

Hi: I have the same configuration (OX 7.5.1, Windows 7-up-to-date, Parallels Desktop 7-up-to-date) as btyler97, but, thankfully, I do appear to be having the same problem. Regrettably, I cannot offer any help in this regard.
    However, my recently resolved problem involved Windows 7 crashing with an error for pikbd.sys corruption (resulting from a corrupted download/installation of a driver for plualint? keyboard using DriverMax Pro 7.25). The resolution involved a system restore for Windows 7.
    Appreciatively, Bruce

16. PMB_SD

PMB_SD Junior Member

I have this issue after switching to P9... uninstall reinstall of tools does not fix it.

17. Colonel(

Colonel( Junior Member

Hi again:
    I have been unable to discover the most appropriate thread on which to post the problem described as follows:
    I have been operating my MacBook Pro 15" (Mac OS 10.7.5), with Windows 7 - Parallels Desktop, for about one and one-half years. However, whenever I execute a Time Machine backup, and leave the system unattended (i.e. with screen top open) to complete the process, I return only to find that my system has re-booted, long before the back-up is completed.
    For my only successful back-up (about 300 GB), I had to use sleep mode (screen top closed) continuously for unattended periods, until the backup completed over several days of extensive active operating periods.
    I do not use the auto-backup feature because I do not see how to change the shedule for backups away from the default schedule of hourly backups (too much stain on performance).
    Is there something that I am missing in setting up for such a back-up?
    Is the fact of Windows 7 - Parallels Desktop contributing the problem?
    I am currently operating at home, using direct LAN connectivity. I frequently operate away from home, using wi-fi for Internet access.
    In partial responses to my problem, I learned that there is a separate application to use to schedule back-ups. I am currently using it for scheduling daily backups. However, despite having downloaded and used another application "caffeine" to supposedly stop the Mac OS from going into sleep or hibernation mode after a prescribed time automatically (despite having set the timeframe to "never"), I still cannot complete that onerous initial backup of 300 GB, since the machine still goes into reboot mode after a modest timeframe of unattended operations (i.e. the screen cover left up). This happens after my initial success at finally achieving a successful backup, because I had to use a system restore/recovery process to cure another problem.
    I would be most grateful for any advice on how to get "caffeine" to operate correctly, such that I can be assured of being able to use the Time Machine backup process even after a system restore operation (should I be so unfortunate to suffer another crash requiring such a drastic step).
    I also tried another "freebie" application "Jiggler", as recommended by an Experts-Exchange guru, but even it did not seem to resolve the issue. However, now that my daily backups of Time Machine are relatively short, the problem is no longer that, but rather with my Malwarebytes Pro full system scans in my Windows 7 virtual machine.
    Appreciatively, Arbyem
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5), 8GB RAM, 500 GB HD, 1 TB WD My Passport USB 3 backup device, Both cable modem & router included

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  18. jrcpvaz

jrcpvaz Bit poster

I'm running Parallels for Mac 9 on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro @ 10.9.1 with a 500GB SSD and 16GB RAM.
    Removing and reinstalling Parallels Tools worked for me.
    I tried once just re-installing. That didn't help.
    Go to Control Panel and actually remove Parallels Tools, then reinstall.

19. Colonel(

Colonel( Junior Member

Hi jrcpvaz:
    Thanks for your input.
    I had tried this approach previously, but without success.
    Actually, given that I can at least backup my Mac OS (excluding Windows 7 VM)using Time MAchine, to my Mac OS external USD HD, with a separate Windows 7 VM backup using Windows Backup on a separate External USB HD, I can live with the limitation of not being able to leave my MacBook Pro laptop unattended (because if I do so, then an auto-reboot of Mac OS occurs after approximately 10 minutes - despite the appropriate settings being applied to Mac OS such that the system ought to run unattended for as long as necessary to permit the Malwarebytes Pro Windows full system scan to complete - approximately two hours).
    Any other suggestions?
    Appreciatively, Bruce

20. jrcpvaz

jrcpvaz Bit poster

Colonel: My solution is not for the auto-reboot of Mac OS.
    This thread started out as "Parallels Tools Shared Profile in Windows 7 Constantly forces logout" and that is what my solution is about.
    You posted something to do with auto-rebooting Mac OS related to Time Machine backups. I think your post is in the wrong place.