Parallels Tools Shared Profile in Windows 7 Constantly forces logout

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mikesims10670, Jul 12, 2011.

1. jrcpvaz

jrcpvaz Bit poster

Hanskalk: Try uninstalling Parallels Tools in Control Panel->Programs and Features, then re-install Parallels Tools.
    The sp_correct.reg file might also be needed, but I didn't need it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. jrcpvaz

jrcpvaz Bit poster

Then you might also need the sp_correct.reg file. But, did you reboot after uninstalling Parallels Tools?

3. Colonel(

Colonel( Junior Member

Hi again jrcpvaz: Actually, my current problem is more general, in that it relates to a Mac OS auto-reboot regardless of which application is running.
    However, it now appears that the combination of "Jigger" and "Caffeine" applications (probably only the "Jigger" one) has resolved the problem. I have now run a complete Malwarebytes Pro full scan on my Windows 7 Virtual Machine, without Mac OS going into auto-reboot!
    Thanks for your patience and forbearance with my post on an inappropriate stream/thread.
    Appreciatively, Bruce

4. BoilermakerU

BoilermakerU Member

Which folders are you referring to? You can't empty ALL folders, as most of them have program files etc in them! I don't have anything in any of my Windows folders other than the applications themselves, as I keep all of my data files on my Mac OS.

I've tried this and everything else i can find in the forums, and nothing has fixed the problem for me. Been this way past 3-4 releases too. Cleaned out registries, removed and installed via control panel, etc, etc. Sent more problem reports than I can remember, and no reply on most, past replies have been the same stuff suggested here on the forums to no avail. I think this is just a faulty, POS application that is poorly tested and supported.

I'm about to give up and never buy another one of their products again.

5. PMB_SD

PMB_SD Junior Member

I have un installed and re installed Parallels Tools several times. doesn't fix my system the issue returns after installing Parallels Tools.

Where does one get this sp_correct.reg file? Parallels has not offered any help.

6. jrcpvaz

jrcpvaz Bit poster

I'm not sure that he meant that the Mac folders have to be empty. What you can try is to uncheck all the boxes for what you would like to share--meaning, start out with NOTHING begin shared. Then check all the boxes and add any custom folders when 8.1 comes back up.

7. Colonel(

Colonel( Junior Member

Mac OS 10.7.5 / Parallels 7 - Windows 7 - Auto-reboot problem - Resolved

Hi again jrcpvaz: Actually, my current problem is more general, in that it relates to a Mac OS auto-reboot regardless of which application is running.
    However, it now appears that the combination of "Jigger" and "Caffeine" applications (probably only the "Jigger" one) has resolved the problem. I have now run a complete Malwarebytes Pro full scan on my Windows 7 Virtual Machine, without Mac OS going into auto-reboot!
    Thanks for your patience and forbearance with my post on an inappropriate stream/thread.
    Appreciatively, Bruce

8. Colonel(

Colonel( Junior Member

Close-out participation in this thread

Hi:
    given my response below regarding my apparent resolution of my problem with Mac OS auto-reboot (using a combination of Caffeine and Jiggler "freebie" applications), I will close out my participation in this thread.
    With apologies for posting to an apparently incorrect thread.
    Appreciatively, Bruce

9. ilovemmo

ilovemmo Bit poster

I'm experiencing the same problem.

10. SergeyL

SergeyL Parallels Team

11. PMB_SD

PMB_SD Junior Member

I think I have finally figured this out.
    My VM is part of a windows Domain in our office, and apparently not only is the 'My Documents' folder mapped to a file share by policy (I had that one unchecked), but so are My Pictures, My Music, etc. But not Desktop and thats good!
    so I unchecked everything but desktop (the one I truly needed to be mapped to the mac) and the issue is gone!

12. PMB_SD

PMB_SD Junior Member

Essentially in my case at least, on restart of windows;
    Domain policy is applied.
    Parallels tools notices it's registry settings for mapping the folders has changed.
    It changes things back to the mac folders, and forces you to log out and back in to make it take effect.

On next restart or policy is updated, the issue repeats it's self.

a work around for not having directly mapped My Photos etc, I'm going to put the Mac share Photos into the My Photos Library set. (etc)