Can Parallels Desktop confuse Internet sharing built in Mac OS?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by anic297, Feb 14, 2014.

1. anic297

anic297 Member

Hello,

I have a Mac Pro which has Ethernet 1 connected to my router and Ethernet 2 connected to a Linux computer (I want to share Internet from Ethernet 1 to Ethernet 2 so the Linux computer can connect to my network). However, whatever I try, the connection doesn't happen. After hours of searching, I'm thinking Parallels Desktop's NAT system can interfere with the one Internet Sharing uses. Actually, can it?

Now, if I want to try without NAT of Parallels Desktop, how should I go about deactivating this service? It's a daemon started with the Mac; is my only safe option to completely uninstall Parallels Desktop?

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

3. ArnaudN

ArnaudN Bit poster

Hello Abdul, and thanks for your answer.
    I don't have a problem with file sharing, though. The problem I had was about a real PC connected to my Mac, and my Mac had trouble providing a DHCP server to it (no virtual machine involved). I thought the trouble could have been because Parallels Desktop was installed (it could have caused a Mac's built-in DHCP server (using Internet Sharing services) failure). However, I now know the problem was with my home's router having the same address than the Mac's DHCP server's automatic address, so my problem is solved.