Nightmares with PD9 + Retina + Win2k8 R2 + DPI

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Hermann, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Hermann

Hermann Bit poster

Hey guys,

I am running on some trouble here. I have recently acquired a MBP 13", and I am running PD9. To avoid those crispy graphics on Windows, I turned on the Retina support. When I did that, Parallels automatically set the Win DPI settings to 199%, and I am not able to change it anyway.

I use Windows in full screen and coherence modes, and some applications are not being displayed well on either mode.

Looking for alternatives on the forum, it is indicated to select "Best for Retina" on the Hardware\Video options, but I cannot find nothing either than "Enable Retina resolution". Is there anyway I can configure DPI settings manually with Retina support enabled?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Hermann

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hermann,
    please generate and send Problem Report (from 'Help' menu) and post it's ID here.

3. Phil Harding

Phil Harding Bit poster

Hermann

The 'Best for Retina' and other options for DPI are only available for Windows 7/8 and Windows Server 2012 Guest O/S types, for all other Windows O/S you can only enable or disable Retina Resolution.

Some Windows applications do not work well when the guest Windows O/S is using a high DPI setting, this is particularly the case in application dialog windows.

The only option you have is to disable Retina Resolution in your guest VM configuration.

4. Hermann

Hermann Bit poster

Phil,

Thank you very much for the explanation. I will verify what is the best approach on my case: migrate to Server 2012 or run without Retina (that's what I have been doing lately).

Best regards,

Hermann