Pasting images from clipboard to win7 client results in black image

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by trebormik, Nov 1, 2013.

1. trebormik

trebormik Bit poster

Using Mavericks 10.9 and Parallels 9.0.23140.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. [cmd]+[ctrl]+[shift]+[4] and select region to take a screenshot on Mac
    2. go to win7 vm and paste into any app
    3. only a black image will be pasted

Used to work fine in Parallels 8.

2. William Fulmer

William Fulmer Junior Member

Same exact issue here.

Mavericks 10.9 and Parallels 9.0.23140.

Big black square

Attached image shows something I am pasting into Outlook 2010.

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 8.43.48 PM.png

3. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

In this case doesn't determined the change clipboard. You need just activate any host application (Finder, for example) and then VM again.

4. pveller

pveller Bit poster

Didn't help. Image comes back as a black rectangle (of the right size) to Win7. Tried pasting into different apps - the same. Black rectangle. Worked in Parallels 8.

5. AKPilot

AKPilot Bit poster

I have the same issue. If I copy any image from the Mac then paste it into any documents, emails on the PC, even into Skype which previously worked, I get a black square. I've had no previous problem with this method until a week ago. I can't recall any updates to my system that may have caused this to change. Parallels 9.0.23350, Windows 7 Pro SP1, OSX 10.9

6. MikePN

MikePN Bit poster

I have the same issue pasting images into the VM

parallels 9.0.23350 windows XP SP3
    worked fine for years until upgrade to parallels 9 / Maverick.

7. nashmarkt

nashmarkt Junior Member

Same here: With limited support from Parallels what is the alternative here. Switch to another VM provider?

8. MikePN

MikePN Bit poster

I spoke to tech support last night on Skype. very helpful and knowledgeable.
    this is a known problem which has been reported 6 times. I was offered a workaround - save to a file to mac and attach the file to my email.
    I replied this would not suit my purpose and I needed a fix. The problem was then escalated to development with a ticket number of 32044194
    i suggest anyone with this problem click on 'help,report a problem' in parallels and add yourself to this ticket. i.e. just say you have the same problem pasting an image from mac into windows. This will help raise the urgency I assume.

9. comenacatapulta

comenacatapulta Bit poster

Same problem for me :(
    no yet solution?

10. MikePN

MikePN Bit poster

fixed now for me

the latest update (rev 951362 - 3rd dec 2013) fixed it for me, but it is still a bit flakey in that sometimes I have to copy things 3 or 4 times before they will paste into XP.

11. BjørnW

BjørnW Bit poster

Clipboard images are garbled

I get a similar issue.

Clipboard images are severely garbled when pasting to Office with the new Parallels on Maverics.

I have to save to disk then load again in Office to get it to work. Annoying.

Bjørn

12. nashmarkt

nashmarkt Junior Member

XP? are you serious? You expect anything to work in XP? I like to be fair but at this point you need to upgrade to a decent version of Windows (like 7).
    Now seriously, I had my problem resolved with the latest Parallels 8 update. I only saw it once recently where the pasted screen capture was all black. I restarted my Windows vm and it worked again. So it is sometimes buggy.

13. nashmarkt

nashmarkt Junior Member

when you say "Garbled" it is very unclear what is going on. Could you be a bit more specific?

14. BjørnW

BjørnW Bit poster

Here's an example, pasted from clipboard to Mac Office Word and then to Windows Office Word running under Parallells.

Mac Office handles paste without problems:
    1.png

Pasting to Parallells however garbles the whole image:
    2.png

Never seen anything like it. Very strange.

15. nashmarkt

nashmarkt Junior Member

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Parallels tools?

16. BjørnW

BjørnW Bit poster

Yes, just upgraded from previous version and reinstalled Parallells Tools.

However, I'm on a new Mac. Used Apples Migration Assistant to move everything from my previous laptop.

Seemed a little shaky with Parallels, and I had to manually go in and copy my Windows image once more to make it work properly.

Maybe a reinstall or repair is called for? How should I proceed?

Bjørn

17. nashmarkt

nashmarkt Junior Member

Did you try uninstall and reinstall of Parallels Tools yet?

18. BDatSony

BDatSony Bit poster

I have the same issue. I've submitted a help ticket. My details (for those who are interested)

Parallels Desktop version 9.0.24172.951362
    Host: Apple Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B42) "Mavericks" running on 15-inch Mid 2012 MacBook Pro. (2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM)
    Guest: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit.

To reproduce:
    1) With Finder active, press Command+Shift+4. Click and drag area of the screen.
    2) Activate Outlook email window, press Command+v.

In some cases, usually after a long sleep or a long period of inactivity, the steps above will paste a black square equal to the size of the image on the Mac clipboard.

Suspending the Guest, closing Parallels and then launching the Guest again will correct the error. Restarting the Guest is not necessary.

-Brian

19. flakshack

flakshack Member

I've been having this problem on Parallels 8 and was hoping an upgrade to version 9 would fix it. Problem happens on all VMs, Windows XP, 7 and 8.

I took a screenshot on the Mac and pasted into Windows:

Parallels Desktop.png

20. flakshack

flakshack Member

Here's another screenshot: Parallels Desktop.png